RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
LoneWolf

ProLiant ML10 v2, ML310 Gen8 v2, ML30 - which is right for you?

LoneWolf

Hello this is my first post.  Excellent information.  I have one comment/question.....as a long time HP server user, this ML10 v2 is the first server I've seen that requires you to lock the case under normal operation.  In other words as far as I can tell you can't remove the key from the lock in the unlocked position.  It's not a terribly big deal but if the key ever was lost that would be a major pita. 

As far as I know, the case operation is identical for all three servers, as the case (aside from the minor front panel color/port changes) is identical.

kpratte

Hello this is my first post.  Excellent information.  I have one comment/question.....as a long time HP server user, this ML10 v2 is the first server I've seen that requires you to lock the case under normal operation.  In other words as far as I can tell you can't remove the key from the lock in the unlocked position.  It's not a terribly big deal but if the key ever was lost that would be a major pita. 

The lock can be fixed with a screwdriver..  If you take the door off when it is locked and rotate the locking mechanism 180 degrees you can have it "locked" but not actually locked.

There was a deal at Newegg on the HP ML10v2 with the i3-4150 CPU, 8GB of RAM, 500GB HDD and a free iStarUSA 2 x 5.25" to 3 x 3.5" SAS/SATA Trayless Hot-Swap Cage.  The cage is normally $72 and the whole deal was $213 out the door.  The same ML10v2 is now $259.  I picked one up to replace my aging N36L and it's working out really well, very fast compared to what I was used to.

- Ken