RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Graphic card woes

symbiosis

Hi - I'm having issues with my PCI graphics output. I use the HDMI out from my card to my HD TV however I keep getting the ocasional drop out to a blue screen. Rather annoying when I use it for movie watching and video editing

I had this with my original card and recently swapped it out for a MSI GeForce N210 Nvidia 1GB (as recomended by someone on here) thinking it may be faulty.

Unfortunately, it is still happening with this new and lower powered card - is this likely a driver issue or is there something else going on? Nothing untoward going on in any logs as far as I can see

Thanks

I'm using 341.81 without any issues. Maybe try to give it a test? Or, could you test the video card in a normal PC, to see if it's fully functional?

I have not put a graphics card in the Gen8 lately, but I think you need to change the settings in BIOS on the existing VGA controller. I may be totally wrong, but that is the first thing I would look at. Turning off or disabling the onboard VGA could effect iLo as well. 

In general, it is best to disable a VGA controller that is not being used or at least make it the secondary controller if the BIOS allows. On the Gen8 this may effect how iLo works, as it uses the on board controller.

• Like 1