RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
Dragon_Void

Where to put home server

oj88

Either organize it in a rack besides your main computer or make room inside a closet or a suitable cupboard. I put mine in the latter with louvered doors for ventilation.

If the servers are noisy, you'd want to put them away from the living room or bedroom.

Jason

You could use a closet and install an exhaust van in the ceiling of the closet, much like a bathroom exhaust fan. Allow for some ventilation in the door so the fan can pull air through. This is subject to you having a one story dwelling or an available closet on the second floor.

I am doing this exactly as jmwillis outlined. On our second floor in a hallway linen closet on the floor. However I keep the closet door open approx. a foot at all times for ventilation. If I close the door, the ceiling exhaust fan runs 24x7.

Drashna Jaelre

You could use a closet and install an exhaust van in the ceiling of the closet, much like a bathroom exhaust fan.  Allow for some ventilation in the door so the fan can pull air through.  This is subject to you having a one story dwelling or an available closet on the second floor.

If you have pets at all, make sure you have some sort of filter in place, for the intake, as well. And clean it regularly.

Poppapete

If you have pets at all, make sure you have some sort of filter in place, for the intake, as well. And clean it regularly.

Or old men.  I am shedding more than the cat.