RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Hardware Malfunction ML10V2

MarkJohnson

I just got my ML10V2 today and I already got a memory error.

*** Hardware Malfunction

Call your hardware vendor for support

NMI: Parity check / Memory parity error

*** The system has halted ***

Is there something I can do besides return the machine?

Did I maybe mess up a BIOS setting by accident?

I'd open it up and reset the memory module to start. If that doesn't work then call whoever you bought it from for an exchange

Yeah, I already reseated my ram module.  I then loaded system defaults in BIOS.  Then re-enabled SATA for windows 7 reinstall as the error ocurred in the middle of windows update.

It seems fine so far, but only time will tell.

Thanks for the help

-=Mark=-

This is the original 8GB stick that came with the machine.  It locked up two more times now.

Maybe a BIOS update?

What's the newest BIOS? Can I install it from windows? I didn't notice an option in BIOS.

Is there a link on upgrading the BIOS?  I can't seem to get it to install from windows, and I don't see an option in the BIOS.

I'm in the process of running memtest86 v4.3.7 now, but I don't think it is a memory issues.

I bought two of these ML10 V2 servers and they both have the same issue.  They freeze when shutting down.  It is locked up and the red light is on at the heart beat squiggly line.

Maybe a driver issue?  I haven't installed any drivers yet (except lan driver) as I just finished all of the win7 updates.  Dam there are a lot.

Should I get drivers from Intel directly, or use HP's site and select server2008?