RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

USB 3.0 Not Working in Windows

ras_jack

Hi...

I have a microserver gen8, basic, 2 GB RAM, Pentium G2020T and a cheap Segate 1 TB SATA 3 HDD.

I have not a lot experience with servers, is my first homelab, i has installed windows server 2008 R2 x86, and everything works fine, the server is just runing as web server for small test, and have a virtual machine os routerOS for network admin.

In the last months i javen't used it, its on all time but i not config or somenthing, today i sell one notebook that i have in the office, so i decide use mi microserver as desktop PC few days while my ne notebook arrives.

when i connected USB keyboard and mouse in the USB 3.0 the dont works, i restar my server and still not working, neither with us flash memory works, i entered the bios an the usb 3.0 are enabled. In windows device manager there are a generic usb 3.0 driver, i downloaded this driver:

Renesas Electronics USB 3.0 Drivers for Windows Server 2008 R2

from here:

http://h20564.www2.hpe.com/hpsc/swd/public/readIndex?sp4ts.oid=5390291&swLangOid=8&swEnvOid=4064

the setup give an error and i cant install it (mave have install manually?)

so is there a security config that nol let me use my 3.0 ports??

is a kwnowed problem??

or my ports are dead??.

I hope tha somebody can help me.

Tanks in advance, ciao.

Edited by ras_jack

USB 3.0 ports on the MicroServer do not work until the OS and drivers load. I assume to get into the BIOS you plugged the keyboard into a USB 2.0 port? With the system fully booted do the ports work? Is the server still running 2008R2?

USB 3.0 ports on the MicroServer do not work until the OS and drivers load. I assume to get into the BIOS you plugged the keyboard into a USB 2.0 port? With the system fully booted do the ports work? Is the server still running 2008R2?

Hi...

Tanks for you reply, i using USB 2.0 for the keyboard and mouse, the 3.0 ports not work when windows load (no keyboard, no mouse, no usb strorage, nothing is reconoized), i have installed WS 2008 R2 standard, but in the device manager figure a usb 3.0 generic controller, so i think that it works phisically, mabe is a driver problem but the drivers on the HP support don't help, so, i will install windows server 2012 R2 and test these drivers, when i have time.

That i said, it is my first server, i'm learning and it's exciting for me, i wish have free time for experiment :).

Any way if i get a solution i'll post here if can help anybody.

Tanks again, ciao.

Edited by ras_jack