RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

ESXI 6 GPU Passthrough, Video Card poor performance

Thiago

Hey folks,

I am having an issue with ESXI 6 GPU Passthrough, Video Card poor performance

Installed one AMD Radeon HD 6450 1GB DDR3 on my MS Gen 8 server and added the PCI's to one of my windows VM's.

Everything seems to be ok, I was able to plug the HDMI cable to my monitor screen along with a mouse and keyboard both also connected to the hear usb 2.0 also as a PassThrough.

Thing is, on my leisure time I want to edit some GoPro Videos and the videos recorded on 1080p 60fps don't play smoothly and  I am experiencing choppy, stuttery and frozen-framed videos instead.

Is there a way to fine tune we can do in this situation and or is this a known issue running videos with higher FPS with a PassThrough GPU ?

Will upload the configurations here but whenever I try to upload a jpeg or png file here the server is failing :-(

Edited by Thiago

I have same: HP G8 with Radeon pass through. Don't have any issues, even with two QHD displays. What suprises me, that I even have MST(daisy chain) and eyefinity out of box within 10 mins.

I downloaded drivers from website(dell), and got no MST. After I updated it via ATI to latest(or from  website) I got all the whistles.

Feel free to share your video.  I can check for you.  But I don't experience any troubles with youtube or something,

• 4 weeks later...

Hi I am looking to do gpu passthrough but I have an i3-3240 cpu googling around it suggests I would probably need a cpu that supports vt-d which mine does not is that the case or should I give it a go?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Hi I am looking to do gpu passthrough but I have an i3-3240 cpu googling around it suggests I would probably need a cpu that supports vt-d which mine does not is that the case or should I give it a go?

You need VT-d for passthrough to work and the i3 3240 doesn't support it. It usually is only on Xeons.

• 2 weeks later...

I am looking at getting the i5 2390t now around £50 does vt-d so then I can do passthrough I hope

Did you get this resolved I am now looking at an E3 1230v2 but I watch movies on Kodi so hope i don't go through everything to find out it is a waste of time