RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Is the Smart Array P222 official supported in the ML10v2?

LoneWolf

There is quite the deal on an ML10v2 at the moment and I'm interested --but the heart of the matter is, is the Smart Array P222 an officially supported HP configuration?

If not, is it recognized in the server's iLO for monitoring?  And will it fool with the fan speeds?

If anyone knows, I'd appreciate it.  I'd like to migrate my P222 from my Microserver Gen8; I know it will fit, I'm sure it will "work" but I'd like it to work all the way.

is the Smart Array P222 an officially supported HP configuration?

The compatibility matrix doesn't list it but the document is from Dec 2014. HP don't appear to have an updated version however.

I would expect it does work however and will be recognised by iLO since the ML10v2 and the Gen8 Microserver both use the same iLO4 chipset + firmware.

The ML10v2 is an entry level Proliant and the P222 is the entry level Smart Array controller so it would be odd if they aren't meant to go together.

• Like 1

I pulled the trigger anyway.  NewEgg has a deal where if you buy the Xeon 1220v3 version, you get a Synology DS216se NAS free.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=2NS-0006-0J3V0&cm_re=hp_ml10_v2-_-2NS-0006-0J3V0-_-Product

My parents need a NAS to back up their desktop computers and I have a couple spare 2TB drives I could put in it, so it works out perfectly.  This will replace my Microserver Gen8; I can migrate the RAID controller, add a dual-port Intel gig NIC I have lying around, and bring it to 32GB RAM.

Edited by LoneWolf
  • Like 1