Dave

AnyDVD is still alive!

14 posts in this topic

I'd buy it all over again. What a great product. 

Yeah me too, a great product, I hope they can make a go of it now without slysoft.

AnyDVD didn't stop working it just stopped getting updates.  I got the last one only a few weeks ago and figure it would be fine to work for DVD's for years maybe without support.

You are correct it that it did not stop working for DVDs as the keys are mostly stored in the program for DVDs, however it did prevent use for blue Ray's that you hadn't previously saved the keys for, as it required access to an online key server (OPD) database and with sly soft gone the DNS was not resolving ( there was a temp fix for this using the host file) but with the new version access to the new key servers has been fixed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 person likes this

Thank you.  I did not understanding all the fuss. Obliviously you can tell I do not own any Blue Rays.

Thank you.  I did not understanding all the fuss. Obliviously you can tell I do not own any Blue Rays.

Agreed. With my main TV being 720P I'm good with DVD's too. My old eyes probably don't care anyway. 

I'm unhappy!

I'm unhappy!
I'm unhappy!
I had bought a lifetime license of the product with the previous company (SlySoft). What is the definition of "lifetime license"? You know? Why after you have changed the name to Redfox, canceled my lifetime license ??

That's not fair!!!!!!!!!!! I hope you can solve this ..... Thanks ...

It's a bit confusing on the Redfox site. It appears current owners are okay with updates with the key database for the latest version. After that

it appears there will be a license fee needed for further updates. They can't accept payments yet, but when they do a discount will be available

to current license holders. It's not particularly cheap, but there will be a lifetime license again. As in the past the lifetime license has paid for itself

many times over. 

Referencing hubs above do I risk not needing an update since I only use DVD's or bite the bullet again and buy another license?

Anybody update their AnyDVD yet?  How did it go with the new guys?