RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Breakdown of Luma vs Eero

rgreenpc

I have been looking for something to kill my dead areas (only 2) but not sure what route to take.

Looking at Eero and Luma... Price of Luma and the family oversight (ala circle to some extent) make me wonder if this would be the better route for my family.

I don't mind being an early adopter, don't want my wife to kill me though for wasting $250 bucks.

I am currently only using an Apple Time Capsule (current gen) setup in my home server room on the second story (yeah my wife let me build a closet in the new house)

House is 2600 square feet two stories and dead spots are at extreme corners of first floor opposite of the server room.

When I said dead I really should say marginal. But as my Rachio and ARLO cameras are being added I do need to beef it up a bit.

My biggest reason I don't go and just add another Airport is I don't want it picking the wrong networks (802.11k)?

Edited by rgreenpc

I am waiting for my Luma. My house is nearly identical at 2700 ft. router is at one end on top floor, den on bottom

floor at other end. Will see how it works out when it arrives. 

If this doesn't work. Open-Mesh all the way. 

I am waiting for my Luma. My house is nearly identical at 2700 ft. router is at one end on top floor, den on bottom

At least you know there is a solid option if Luma does not work, Pair Open-Mesh up with Circle and you have a wining combination 4 sure.

• Like 1

I bought a Luma 3-pack last night.

This looks like an interesting product that seems further along the process.  Can't wait to hear about it and hopefully it plays nice as just an AP without sacrificing any functionality.We are getting close to having a three way shoot off.  Exciting times.

This looks like an interesting product that seems further along the process.  Can't wait to hear about it and hopefully it plays nice as just an AP without sacrificing any functionality.We are getting close to having a three way shoot off.  Exciting times.

Exciting times indeed, From what I understand Luma cant be used as an AP only but Eero can by putting it in 'Bridge Mode', Only time will tell.