RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

No Console or RDP connections but access is there?

Guest no-control

Guest no-control

WHSv1 - I cannot connect via the console or RDP from any of the client machines. But if I do have access if I go through \\server via explorer. WTH?!

Is there a service that isn't starting? Event viewer show no errors.

Basically I cannot access the server from a client, I can only access the shares

I'm lost on this one any help is appreciated

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• dvn

• pcdoc

• mrossco

Noticed a similar issue on mine, but it is only certain clients. At first, it was only my Windows Server 2008 R2 pcs I use for work, but now it seems to be intermittent across all of them...

Guest no-control

It's borked either way

ip or DNS give me this via RDP

rdperror.jpg

And console tells me I don't know my password (Yes I know it and yes caplocak isn't on)

console.jpg

I've also verified that RDP is enabled

If I recall, this is a new build? Did you use the same name when you built the new server?

Try flushing the DNS cache on your clients (if you have not already done so), reboot and try it again.

ipconfig /flushdns

Guest no-control

I already tried flushing the dns as well as renew, also went into router and revoked the static IP and switched it to DHCP still no joy.

I could try renaming it but that doesn't seem like its the issue. Maybe if I get desperate.

Here's the latest set of fails from a reboot.

fail.jpg

warn1.jpg

warn2.jpg

warn3.jpg

this wouldn't have anything to do with the latest WHS updates and the updated certs would it. I am probably way off base but just a thought.

Just a thought: Could you check your dll's version numbers against someone else's? I'm curious to know if they are the same. Yes, the word 'trusted' in the event log does make one think of the recently doubled cert length. Interesting, as they say. :)

What add-in's do you have installed? I had a similar issue and un-installed some add-ins till it worked. Add-in Central seems to be the reason that I was having this issue.