RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
snapper

Sophos XG updated today - Netflix fixed?

psykix

I've switched to pfSense 2.3beta. The new UI is a HUGE improvement and was really the only thing that was putting me off. Realise it's a beta, but for home use it's hardly critical. I have pfSense, Sophos XG and Untangle all on VMs so can switch between them at will.

itGeeks

I've switched to pfSense 2.3beta. The new UI is a HUGE improvement and was really the only thing that was putting me off. Realise it's a beta, but for home use it's hardly critical. I have pfSense, Sophos XG and Untangle all on VMs so can switch between them at will.

Thanks for the update. Its been a longtime since I used pfSense. Please keep use updated on the new 2.3 beta.

psykix

Well given that after the update I still have to keep most of the services disabled, I didn't see the point of the added overhead that Sophos requires. (Microsoft stuff that I posted about in another thread still doesn't work properly with web filters on etc)

Whilst my internet connection speed itself hasn't changed, browsing webpages seems much more responsive under pfSense. It could be a placebo effect of course, but it definitely seems snappier.

hubs

I use Sophos UTM as a VM, and even with realtime scanning turned off, my internet speed were lower than they should be 120mb/s down instead of 150mb/s in the end I figured out that it was an issue with EIST being enabled within the hyper v host bios, turned it off and speeds shot up, to full, and all my VMS are super fast now, seems to be a know issue, anyone else come across this ? (Sorry if this should be a separate post)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pcdoc

I use Sophos UTM as a VM, and even with realtime scanning turned off, my internet speed were lower than they should be 120mb/s down instead of 150mb/s in the end I figured out that it was an issue with EIST being enabled within the hyper v host bios, turned it off and speeds shot up, to full, and all my VMS are super fast now, seems to be a know issue, anyone else come across this ? (Sorry if this should be a separate post)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Never ran it from a VM, but I have not seen any speed degradation when using hardware.  Though hard to tell at times, it actually seemed to have increased a bit since the switch from untangle.  I now read bertween 320-340 vs 300 before.  Could be allot of factors but is seems more consistent now.  Keep us posted on any progress or other observations.