RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Frankenbuild

Trig0r

lol why, why would you post that...

I only need a storage controller that'll support my 2 SFF8087 cables, I've already spent enough time faffing to get it where it is after the Gen8..

Theres already rumours of a Gen10...

7 hours ago, Poppapete said:

Drashna, you are a sceptic with no faith in your fellowman or is that Chinaman!

I buy nearly all my hardware from China because I can't afford the stuff that was made in China then shipped to USA (in bulk at a fair price) and then shipped to me as a one off at a shipping price that often is more than the price of the item itself.  But that is a problem for us Australians.

I'm totally a skeptic, in general. :)

Though, I don't really know for certain, but China is known of a lot of knock off electronics. Tou can find a LOT of threads about it. Heck, I've even seen some "side by side comparisons", so it is definitely happening, and may not be easy to spot.  So ... be careful. 

5 hours ago, JackoUK said:

I think this Microsoft project had just what you are looking for:

https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/filecab/2016/10/14/kepler-47/

Bit of a cheat in the end since the Thunderbolt support didn't come through ...

... but maybe an Aquantia 5Gb network card soon?

U-NAS, with an ASRock board. Yeah, that's totally what I would love to do for a SFF server. :) 

I mean, that's not sitting in a parts list for me, already.... :)

21 hours ago, Trig0r said:

lol why, why would you post that...

I only need a storage controller that'll support my 2 SFF8087 cables, I've already spent enough time faffing to get it where it is after the Gen8..

Theres already rumours of a Gen10...

Since you said you were looking for a 1155 motherboard I thought you might read the parts list and find ...

http://www.asrockrack.com/general/productdetail.asp?Model=C236 WSI#Specifications

... looks like I should have made it easier for you ;)

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Well finally managed to get myself a cheap card, just dropped it into my Win10 main rig for now to test some SAS drives I had in a pile..

Supermicro AOC-SASLP-MV8

Has 2 internal headers on it and cost me the grand total of £8.90 inc delivery so cant complain...

Already has the "IT" firmware on it so will stick it in Frank at somepoint and then I can start adding drives as I'm out of SATA headers now, will stick all of the drives on the card and then disable one of the SATA controllers thats on board..