• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jason

• Drashna Jaelre

• xPETEZx

• oceang

As long as I don't apply certain Windows Updates, it no longer occurs in WSE12R2 also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...

Anybody manage to resolve this issue without rolling back/preventing certain new updates?

I had hope the other day that the Roll-up update would cure this. But no.

I couldn't stand the thought of a complete clean install of the OS.  Ultimately, I uninstalled all .NET Framework versions from my WSE12R2 box and even MS Updates (KBs) going back to about the time I noticed the issue.  Then, I installed .NET Framework 4.5.2 (no security or quality rollup patches) and began testing from there.  Discovered that the Dashboard.exe wouldn't crash any longer.  From there, I gradually applied critical/important updates individually and tested until the issue went away.

What I will say is that I've installed WSUS on the server to regulate which updates I apply to the system.  Have also limited these to critical updates and security patches, avoiding updating .NET Framework versions.

Somehow that has addressed the issue on my system.

Drashna Jaelre

Honestly, I want to say that it's the .NET Framework 4.6 update that is the cause here. But not on every system, though. 

Yes, at a minimum I would advise to remove .NET Framework from your server entirely and install the 4.5.2 runtime. It may require quite a few annoying server reboots but could resolve your issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 months later...

So I've recently had to update NET 4.5.2 to 4.6 on my WSE12R2 in order to use Handbrake app on my server. Confirmed it immediately breaks the Dashboard, resulting in these crashes. Unfortunately I'll need to tolerate these crashes in order to leverage the hardware of my server for Handbrake video encoding