RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

WSE12R2 Dashboard.exe crashing

How does InTune work and what is the cost? I use to run WSUS on my WSE12R2 box but just ended up installing updates to each client independently.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jason

• Drashna Jaelre

• xPETEZx

• oceang

Drashna Jaelre

How does InTune work and what is the cost? I use to run WSUS on my WSE12R2 box but just ended up installing updates to each client independently.

It's a paid subscription. And allows you to manage it via "the cloud"

Details here:

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/server-cloud/products/microsoft-intune/

The problem is that it's per "user", per month (says $6, but was $11 when I last checked).  So for 10 devices/users that's $60/month. Pretty expensive for home use. Whereas WSUS is completely free.

• 2 weeks later...

I also have this issue and have decided to live with it for a couple of months and revisit it later.

However minor, it bothered me. I've rolled back to .NET Framework 4.5.2. Resolved issue. Will wait until it's addressed in 4.6 (or later) before updating again.

• 3 months later...

Have any of you been able to resolve this issue with .NET version greater than 4.5.2?  The moment I update to 4.6 (or greater) my WSE12R2 Dashboard unexpectedly closes during routine actions like viewing the DEVICES tab, etc.  I've kept it at 4.6.1 but was hoping there was a patch for this.

Drashna Jaelre

Check "C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows Server\Logs\" for the dashboard.log file. This should give you a good idea what is causing the crash, specifically. 

Have any of you been able to resolve this issue with .NET version greater than 4.5.2?  The moment I update to 4.6 (or greater) my WSE12R2 Dashboard unexpectedly closes during routine actions like viewing the DEVICES tab, etc.  I've kept it at 4.6.1 but was hoping there was a patch for this.

Still crashes for me. I will continue to wait it out.

Me too. The Dashboard.log file doesn't provide any direction. Am sure it's related to .NET 4.6 and later but works fine with 4.5.2. Only issue is some apps call for 4.6. Seems to be a rather common error. Hope they issue a fix.