RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Drive labels on drives mounted with an HP P222 HBA

gibster

I'm trying to setup server backup using one of the 4 4 TB drives in my server. I've installed stable bit drive pool and added 3 drives to the pool.

When I go to setup server backups and select Show all drives that can be used as backup, All 4 drives come up saying No drive label. There is nothing to differentiate them expect for the name of the drive HP LOGICAL VOLUME SCSI Disk Device Drive #1 thru #4.

So how do I get a drive label on these drives to be able to tell which one is which? 

When I look at storage in the Dashboard I can see the drive names I assigned the drives.

Any ideas? 

gib

Windows Server wants your server backup to be a removable/external drive and unrelated to the rest of the drive pool.

Connect an external drive via USB and you will see a drive for server backup.

Windows Server wants your server backup to be a removable/external drive and unrelated to the rest of the drive pool.

Connect an external drive via USB and you will see a drive for server backup.

Not necessary, actually.

If you open up the control panel, (under system and security), you can open up the "Administrative Tools" section. Open the "Windows Server Backup" item.  Form there, you can setup a backup. When you get to selecting a drive to backup to, you can manually enable internal drives. 

Not necessary, actually.

If you open up the control panel, (under system and security), you can open up the "Administrative Tools" section. Open the "Windows Server Backup" item.  Form there, you can setup a backup. When you get to selecting a drive to backup to, you can manually enable internal drives. 

Thanks for that. I'll give it a go and see what happens.