Joe_Miner

Icy Dock MB994SP-4SB-1 in ML30 Gen9

Joe_Miner

I decided to try using an Icy Dock MB994SP-4SB-1 in my ProLiant ML30 Gen9 to hold my two SSDs that I have in a RAID0 running Server 2012R2

Seems to work pretty well so far -- should work too in the ML10v2 though I haven't tried it yet

WP_20160217_16_39_09_Pro_zpsxqkpumuh.jpg

Edited by Joe_Miner
  • Like 2

LoneWolf

Nice.  I ordered the exact same cage at the time I ordered my ML10 v2 (which is en route).

I'm migrating all my drives over from the MicroServer Gen8.  The SSDs will continue to be the OS drive(s) off the onboard B140i controller.  The four platter drives RAID-5 array will be preserved on the P222 controller.

iandrews

I got the ExpressCage MB324SP-B for mine. Fits well, but the power cable needed a bit of a twist to have it fit both this and the DVD.

Got 3 SSD's in it (slot 1, 2 and 4), a Samsung 850 Pro and 2 Crucial's (can't remember exact models at the moment), but ones about 500gb and other 250gb. Anyway, the disks in slot 1 and 2 seem to flash the blue disk activity light when there is disk access, however the disk in slot 4 just shows a solid blue light. Not sure if that's because of the disk, or maybe theres a fault / bug. I need to swap the disks around a little to check.

• Like 1

LoneWolf

This is the beginning of my new project.  Note:  I'm a little disappointed in the 4-bay IcyDock as compared to the one I had on my NL40 Microserver; the slim optical drive/2x 2.5" dock used metal drive sleds, was more solid., and IMO, had nicer indicator lights  This one isn't bad mind you; I'd just like them to make it similar to the one I had then.  Joe, it looks like you have a different model than I do, and have the metal trays.  I'm going to have to look back and see if they have another version.

Aaaand, for some reason I'm not able to add a new gallery, and so cannot attach photos (nothing happens in FireFox or Chrome).  Going to have to figure this out before I post a picture.  And I now realize that IcyDock makes two models of 4 x 2.5" docks; I got the MB324SP-B instead of the ToughArmor; had I realized they made two, I would have gone with the MB994SP-4S, like iAndrews.

Edited by LoneWolf
  • Like 1

gibster

Aaaand, for some reason I'm not able to add a new gallery, and so cannot attach photos (nothing happens in FireFox or Chrome).  Going to have to figure this out before I post a picture.  And I now realize that IcyDock makes two models of 4 x 2.5" docks; I got the MB324SP-B instead of the ToughArmor; had I realized they made two, I would have gone with the MB994SP-4S, like iAndrews.

I've got the same issue, I'm beginning to think only Moderators can post/attach pictures. Maybe Joe_Minor can confirm this?

iandrews

I also can't post photos, I tried when I did my post above, but it didn't work.

Also, my cage is the MB324SP-B (which is the ExpressCage) which has the plastic (but quick to mount a disk in) trays.

cskenney

Is the problem you can't post a photo in the topic thread or that you can't add photos to the gallery so that you can use them in a topic thread?

I seem to be able to post a pic if I pull it from some place like my public drop box folder.

385358_508409089208376_1038862858_a.jpg

LoneWolf

Is the problem you can't post a photo in the topic thread or that you can't add photos to the gallery so that you can use them in a topic thread?

I seem to be able to post a pic if I pull it from some place like my public drop box folder.

385358_508409089208376_1038862858_a.jpg

I can't seem to add new galleries in addition to my old ones.  And I can't drag and drop pictures on top of a post either.

I believe linking from an external source would work.

Joe_Miner

I can't seem to add new galleries in addition to my old ones.  And I can't drag and drop pictures on top of a post either.

I believe linking from an external source would work.

I tried it too and am experiencing the same as LoneWolf.

LoneWolf

Interestingly enough, attachments *do* work in the For Sale area --I just tried it.