RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

G8 with MegaRAID SAS 9261-8i With BBU 512MB

akron

Hi Fellas,

I have an issue with the micro server that is driving me insane.

I bought a MegaRAID SAS 9261-8i With BBU 512MB and installed into the Server. Moved the Mini SAS cable to the lower port of this PCI RAID card.

The problem is I cant see no drives but one, of 1.8TB and i have 2x 2TB + 2x 4TB Drives.

I'm really losing hope here.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Have you updated all of the firmware and BIOS on the MicroServer? Have you updated the firmware on the SAS 9261-8i?

When the system boots is the BIOS for the SAS 9261 loading successfully? When you say you can only see one drive where are you looking? 

All firmware is absolutely updated in the Microserver and the SAS9261 has the latest firmware from August 2015, Also the BIOS from the micro server is the latest one form July 2015.

All drives are detected in the HP controller but upon switching the cable back to the LSI it only shows one drive. Also If I plug one or 2 drives using a SAS mini Cable it shows the problem is only the disks in the enclosure of the microserver.

Where are you looking for the drives? OS or RAID config tool?

Have you tried the other port on the SAS 9261?

Does the BIOS on the SAS 9261 load without error? When you are booting the server is there a confirmation message that the SAS 9261 booted correctly?

Yes Ive looked for the drives in the BIOS in  the LSI controller, and in the MegaRAID utility , same result , everything boots correctly.... 

I have tried the other port, no luck, when I connect a simple SSD on the mini SAS port using the mini SAS cable works fine, this is just the microserver enclosure I can't see the disks 

The disks show using the B120i RAID or AHCI mode regardless 

When using the LSI controller I tried putting the HP controller in AHCI but the same result, even disabled the disks dont appear, only one disk appears 

With the SAS 9261 installed and the two 4TB drives in bays one and two and no drives in bays three and four what do you see? drive and capacity?