RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

How much do you pay for TV?

usacomp2k3

So I've seen a couple posts on this, but thought I'd throw this out there in its own thread: How much do you pay for TV?

We pay $110 for TV + Internet, so I'll say $55 for cable alone. This is digital cable which includes HD. Our main channels that we watch are DIY, HGTV, Food Network, ESPN (during football season). So for us, the $55 really is well worth it.

Guest no-control

DirectTV ChoiceXtra HDDVR/HD/3SD boxes $98 after tax and fees

Charter Cable internet (10m down/2m up) and phone $65

I wish I had FiOS!!!

As soon as my contract is up with Verizon I'm going to cancel the TV and just keep the internet. I'll probably throw up an antenna and a couple HDhomeruns and call it a day.

We've been without "TV" for years now and really I don't miss it. News I can get online and sports are not a big thing for me. When we had it I rarely watched anything so I felt it was a waste from me and the kid's are just as happy watching DVD's as they are watching the shows on PBS, Nick Jr., etc. "live". We don't like watching shows week to week so we only watch our shows when the full season comes out on disc. I guess it all depends on your viewing habits but like I said we haven't missed it and now with Netflix, Netflix streaming and OTA ATSC our options have increased enormously over the course of the past couple of years. I don't have an antenna up yet but that is an up and coming project.

So basically our cost is $33 for Internet and $23 for Netflix.