RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

E3-1265L V2 Costa Rica vs Malay

tanio.artino

Hi

Can you please highlight differences between the two processors below and if they are both compatible with HP Microserver Gen8

I have spent two days online and I did not find a place where to buy them even second hand. Can you help me to find a place where to buy them

E3-1265Lv2-Xeon-font-b-Processor-b-font-

s-l1000.jpg

Can you please highlight differences between the two processors below

One is 1265L and one is 1265Lv2. The v2 is Ivy Bridge and the one with nothing is Sandy Bridge. They were a custom part made for somebody by Intel and they're similar to a 1260L.

The manufacturing location and the S spec number are irrelevant since you're running the CPU within stock limits. Only rabid overclockers who are pushing the edge for overclocking will care since they've got favoured batches.

if they are both compatible with HP Microserver Gen8

Yes. The 1265Lv2 is preferable since it is a newer generation CPU.

I have spent two days online and I did not find a place where to buy them even second hand. Can you help me to find a place where to buy them

Nobody has stock of them. They're all sold out since they were discontinued quite a while ago. You have to look for them on eBay and other such sites. Don't expect it to be cheap however. The 1265Lv2 was expensive when new.

If you haven't bought the Gen8 Microserver already and you don't specifically need the small box form factor, a HP ML10v2 may be a better idea. It uses Haswell CPUs and has more expansion slots. There are usually discounts/rebates for the ML10v2 if you wait.

Edited by GotNoTime
  • Like 1

E3-1265Lv2-Intel-Xeon-Processor-8M-Cache

E3-1265Lv2-Xeon-Processor-8M-Cache-2-50-

Sorry I think I made a mistake when I attached those images

My question is about Costa Rica vs Malay

If you see pictures above both models are E3-1265L V2

I have found someone in Hong Kong who has got 1 processor available. It is marked as Malay so I need to be sure it is compatible with the Microserver. 

Unfortunately I have already bought the microserver so I am just trying to make it working with VMware 6.0 and have 6 instances on it

Thank you for your help

Edited by tanio.artino

Which sweatshop do you want your clothes from... China? India? Bangladesh?

Same same. They're all built to the same tolerances within stock speeds... and considering you won't be overclocking the Xeon, it's of no difference.

Which sweatshop do you want your clothes from... China? India? Bangladesh?

Same same. They're all built to the same tolerances within stock speeds... and considering you won't be overclocking the Xeon, it's of no difference.

Umm,,, I think Intel does a good job of treating employees fairly. Their non conflict resource initiative is well founded.
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I'm looking to upgrade GEN8 to e3-1265lv2 CPU. But I cannot find them anywhere like e.g. ebay. The only place I see some available is on aliexpress but for $400. What's the deal with these CPUs? Why such a low availability and high price? Considering this CPU reached end of the life stage. Does anybody have some idea where to get one?

Thank you

• 5 weeks later...

Hi

Its simple Supply and demand, so many of us looking for these chips its a sellers market, Imagine you had 5 of them, would you not want what people are willing to pay, and they are willing to pay, otherwise price would drop,

K

• Like 1

Hi

Its simple Supply and demand, so many of us looking for these chips its a sellers market, Imagine you had 5 of them, would you not want what people are willing to pay, and they are willing to pay, otherwise price would drop,

K

This, word.

Rare is "relative". BTW, diamonds are not that rare at all. 

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/rohin-dhar/diamonds-are-bullshit_b_3708562.html

Edited by Notbugged
  • Like 1