RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Ubiquiti UniFi Users?

oj88

nrf

just an FYI, today I updated my controller software. ubiquity decided to turn the upper half of my dashboard into an ad for the UDM complete with a 'buy now' button. Has anyone seen that and have you been able to reclaim the real estate?

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• oj88

• snapper

• GotNoTime

• nrf

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just usage stats really. The controller is a bit of a misnomer as its really just a config and monitoring tool. If you want to run a portal on there (e.g. paying guests) then the controller needs to

The mobile app requires a minimum firmware version on the AP to work. As you're getting this AP from eBay, it may have a very old version of firmware on it. You can upgrade via SSH or just install the

Odd. It shouldn't abruptly stop forwarding traffic and the CPU is capable of running the AP at maximum load. It sounds like buggy firmware to me.  I'd still advise you to shift as much as possible o

Dave

Sadly, I am now shying away from upgrades on this platform. Always issues when upgrading.  I moved back to a PC base controller and even it had issues with the JRE. I have the Dream Machine up for sale.

Trig0r
1 hour ago, nrf said:

just an FYI, today I updated my controller software. ubiquity decided to turn the upper half of my dashboard into an ad for the UDM complete with a 'buy now' button. Has anyone seen that and have you been able to reclaim the real estate?

Meh I bloody hate it when they do stuff like that, good enough reason to take them off of the upgrade list.

nrf

justifies my hesitance to involve cloud services at home

TheGuru

I’m not against Cloud Technology as such, but there is one major drawback and that is when someone gets hacked (Ubiquiti for instance), it affect thousands and thousands of people and not just a single customer.

Granted, larger companies like Microsoft, Amazon or medium sized like Ubiquiti may have more money to spend on security than the average small business but even they screw up from time to time (think Solarwinds).

So, although I use cloud services a lot, I still believe that on-Prem stuff has its justification for a lot of functionality.

We’re going to see a lot more breaches going forward, I’m afraid.

Yes, I run my Ubi ctrl on a Windows box at home and at work. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk