RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
awraynor

Starry.com Router and/or Wireless Internet Provider

awraynor

The guy behind the failed Aereo TV solution has now developed a new

router and/or wireless internet option.

The router with soon to come extenders provides some of the benefits

of the new mesh options. 

The IP option a mesh option for your wireless service.  

Will see how this goes. Apparently pre-orders already available for the router.

www.starry.com

JROrtiz

You can "reserve" your spot but orders don't open until 2/5 I believe. These mesh routers are popping up all over the place now.

ImTheTypeOfGuy

I wonder why there is so many new companies making routers now. Was there something wrong that these new companies are resolving? it didn't seem to me that more was needed.

awraynor

The mesh idea is interesting of course. It will be more interesting to see if they can survive as an ISP.

Love they're once again trying to stick it to the man. 

itGeeks

You can "reserve" your spot but orders don't open until 2/5 I believe. These mesh routers are popping up all over the place now.

Ya its just crazy with all this, How can so many companys be in harmany with this stuff at the very same time. According to SmallNetBuilder they don't even have FCC approval yet so hew knows if this product will come to light. http://www.smallnetbuilder.com/wireless/wireless-news/32937-so-whats-the-story-on-starry

Just for the record this product is only MIMO not MU-MIMO like Luma

awraynor

Ya its just crazy with all this, How can so many companys be in harmany with this stuff at the very same time. According to SmallNetBuilder they don't even have FCC approval yet so hew knows if this product will come to light. http://www.smallnetbuilder.com/wireless/wireless-news/32937-so-whats-the-story-on-starry

Just for the record this product is only MIMO not MU-MIMO like Luma

Yes, they're taking pre-orders on a product that doesn't seem ready for prime time.

schoondoggy

I wonder why there is so many new companies making routers now. Was there something wrong that these new companies are resolving? it didn't seem to me that more was needed.

The most common issue non-tech users deal with is WiFi coverage. Security and management added in a product fill lots of product gaps. Now we just need to see if they can deliver on their promises.

Sent from my LG-V410 using Tapatalk

itGeeks

The most common issue non-tech users deal with is WiFi coverage. Security and management added in a product fill lots of product gaps. Now we just need to see if they can deliver on their promises.

Sent from my LG-V410 using Tapatalk

I agree with you, I just find it extremely odd that all the startups decided to come out with these products at the same time.

schoondoggy

I agree with you, I just find it extremely odd that all the startups decided to come out with these products at the same time.

The potential market is huge. I may be mistaken, but I think there have been some new introductions of chips that enable mesh at lower price points. 

I am surprised DLink or Netgear has not gone down this path.

itGeeks

The potential market is huge. I may be mistaken, but I think there have been some new introductions of chips that enable mesh at lower price points. 

I am surprised DLink or Netgear has not gone down this path.

You can add Asus to your list. I am sure they will be watching this though.