RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

XP AHCI drivers (32bits)

NiPeGun

I´m strugglin to find AHCI drivers for XP. F6 Text mode if possible.

I already installed XP in IDE mode. I needed XP cause a friend has an obsolete software which only runs in XP. The system is running fine.

The Issue is I installed XP in a Samsung SSD EVO 850, which has TRIM support for XP by using proprietary software from Samsung. But in order to use that function, the drive must be MANDATORY in AHCI.

As far as I know the Microserver Gen8 storage controller chipset is an Intel 6 series/C200 series one. But is completely impossible to find AHCI drivers for it.

Any idea?

PS: TRIM need to be ONLY in AHCI, not RAID.

Edited by NiPeGun

Well, starting off with, XP is no longer supported, so finding driver support is going to be very difficult anymore.

ALso, why not upgrade to WIndows 7 or something else that still supported (and natively supports TRIM)?

That said, have you checked the intel website directly for AHCI drivers?

If you really need XP then I'd suggest running it inside a VM. If you've got a suitable version of Windows 7 (Pro, Enterprise or Ultimate) then you can use the XP Mode feature which is a packaged XP VM.

Gotta be mandatory and natively XP. I was running XP inside a VirtualBox machine, but the software complains.

@schoondoggy I´ll check those drivers. Thanks

I forgot, Under IDE mode, Windows detects 2 controllers. One with 2 ports an another with 4 ports (I assume the 3.5 slots).

On windows 10 32 bits, the controller under AHCI mode detects only one controller with 6 ports.

Just to mention it...

• 4 months later...

Thin is a "no go" guys. I'm trying hard but I can't.

I began to trying to solve this using my official XP CD and a 1GB pen drive that I formatted as a floppy drive. It was not be able to recognize the hard drive.

iI continued slipstreaming several AHCI drivers (one at the time) into an XP .iso with nLite. None of them worked. I burned several.

Then I realized I could use iLO to boot ISOs from my home network. That simplified a lot the task because you can mount virtual floppy images too. But still won't show the hard disk.

I think this requires Windows hacker level skills. Do you know what other known motherboard uses this controller? Because it seems to me this is not a standard 1C02 one.

I'm not giving up...

Enviado desde mi iPad utilizando Tapatalk

Edited by NiPeGun