RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Microserver warranty problems

aralmeida

Hello,

i recently bought a Microserver gen8 and went on to register it at HP.

First the link that came with the server sends me to what appears to be a HP home consumer product registration page.

Then someone told me i got go to HPE to register the product. I went there and in the product warranty appears as having began Dec 2014 and ended at Jan 2016 and Service shows: HP Parts Exchange Support.

What is happenning?

Did you register your Microservers with HP?

Has anyone had this problem before?

The product was sold as new not used.

The usual product warranty is 2 years?

Thank you.

First the link that came with the server sends me to what appears to be a HP home consumer product registration page.

HP split into HP and HPe after the Microserver was released. Documentation and packaging on your Microserver is from before that split so it still says HP.

Then someone told me i got go to HPE to register the product. I went there and in the product warranty appears as having began Dec 2014 and ended at Jan 2016 and Service shows: HP Parts Exchange Support.

The date listed is the date that the server was sold to a reseller. You need to open a support ticket and provide a copy of the invoice so they can adjust the warranty dates.

Has anyone had this problem before?

Everybody does. It is just how HP does it.

The product was sold as new not used.

If you got it new from a proper reseller then it will be fine. If you bought it from somebody else who had originally bought the Microserver then you don't get any warranty.

The usual product warranty is 2 years?

Manufacturer warranty is 1 year. If you're in the EU and the relevant 2 year directive applies then those 2 years are with your seller. The manufacturer warranty is still only 1 year.
  • Like 1