RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

PerfectDisk 11

IndyLux

So, I know I said I wouldn't degrag my WHS, but after lots of tweaking with my server and HTPC and Blu-Rays STILL skipping I decided to give it a go. Now, it's been running for over 48 hours now with no sign of finishing up. The drive says 1% next to it, but that doesn't seem possible to me after so long (Even though it's working on 1.8 TB). I also looked at the CPU utilization which has bursts of 30% but nothing higher and the 'I/O' which is a tiny 400 B/s (Is that Bytes!?!). What do you guys think? Do I try to abort? Do I let it run?

Hi Chris,

What you can do to get quicker results is put a check in all the boxes to do a bootup scan, then reboot. This way PerfectDisk will start just after you get the WHS boot screen, it can then defrag the system files and all the rest much quicker since they are not being used. You will see a DOS screen of whats going on and a percentage completed meter.

:)

hi, I installed PerfectDisk as part of the 100th episode deal, and it defragged my two 1.5 TB drives overnight, also seems to keep them defragged really well. 48hours and 1% sounds like a problem, did you do Defrag only, or SMARTPlacement, the first time I ran it, PerfectDisk recommended Defrag Only, which it did overnight. then switched to SMARTPlacement which seems to keep the WHS at 0% Fragmented, I have not had to amend any settings, it just seems to schedule itself fine using the StealthPatrol schedule..

Hey Chris. I'm using PD11 on my WHS, too. Part the 100th giveaway, as well. Yes, let it run. You know, PD is supposed to be smart enough to know when someone is using the drives, as in streaming a movie or some music. I should test this at some point.