RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Bulk Purchase - 832667-001 Heatsink 65W ProLiant Micro Gen8 - Who wants one?

tdkmatt

Hi All

My Normal Job is in Oil & Gas Procurement, And i have been able to find a re-seller (HP Spare Parts) who is interested in doing a bulk deal on the illusive HP #832667-001 65W Heatsink to suite the Gen8 Microserver, i am waiting to hear back from him as he has to contact his HP REP, but we are looking at buying a few Gen9 Servers (20K+ each) and a new SAN they might be able to supply me if i can make the deal sweet enough for him. 

I would like to see the interest in this deal and post your interest in the forum for the opportunity, as for the price i am waiting to hear back from them :) i hope it wont be too much! but lets see if we have any interest first

832667-001 (1).jpg

Initial pricing they gave me, i have gone back and asked for a better price - (AUD) $205.99 Ex GST 5 ex stock in Australia ETA on more 1 - 2 Weeks

Edited by tdkmatt

Wow. That is expensive. At those prices you could buy the Microserver with the heatsink and then gut it. Reselling the various parts would offset most of the additional cost.

As with sales everywhere, make sure you get this deal hammered out first. They always rapidly lose interest in helping you out once you sign on the dotted line.

Yeah, except the G8 microservers with that heatsink don't actually appear to be available anywhere.

I ordered one from Chiltern in UK earlier (I've gone mad, I know) because I wanted to compare the CPU temperatures with this heatsink and without the cardboard ducting I am using at the moment, vs. stock heatsink and cardboard ducting. I wouldn't want to put money on the uprated heatsink producing significantly lower temperatures than the ducting.

And there is already a post about an aftermarket heatsink easily enough modifiable to fit the G8 that will do at least as good a job as the uprated OE part.

Update: Just had a message from Chiltern saying that HP doesn't have the uprated heatsink part in stock, and cannot commit to an availability date.

It will be interestint to see if your supplier in AUS can actually deliver.

Ouch! That is even more expensive than here:

http://www.chilternit.com/products/product/832667-001

I Emailed them first, and this was there response email to me

Hi Matthew,

Many thanks for giving us the opportunity to quote.

Unfortunately this part hasn’t been made available by HP yet so we are unable to supply the part.

Kind regards,

Jack Johnson | Account Manager

D: +44 (0) 1753 480 805 

T: +44 (0) 1753 890 088 

E:  jack@chilternit.com

Wow. That is expensive. At those prices you could buy the Microserver with the heatsink and then gut it. Reselling the various parts would offset most of the additional cost.

As with sales everywhere, make sure you get this deal hammered out first. They always rapidly lose interest in helping you out once you sign on the dotted line.

You would have to buy the HP Microserver with the Xeon processor for over $1000 to part it out

Yeah, except the G8 microservers with that heatsink don't actually appear to be available anywhere.

I ordered one from Chiltern in UK earlier (I've gone mad, I know) because I wanted to compare the CPU temperatures with this heatsink and without the cardboard ducting I am using at the moment, vs. stock heatsink and cardboard ducting. I wouldn't want to put money on the uprated heatsink producing significantly lower temperatures than the ducting.

And there is already a post about an aftermarket heatsink easily enough modifiable to fit the G8 that will do at least as good a job as the uprated OE part.

when did you order it? they emailed me saying its not available! :( 

Update: Just had a message from Chiltern saying that HP doesn't have the uprated heatsink part in stock, and cannot commit to an availability date.

It will be interestint to see if your supplier in AUS can actually deliver.

LOL was too quick, i have two suppliers in Australia who can supply i have 5 available to me within Australia, i actually had a direct contact at HP who emailed me last night saying they normally dont sell them but she could organise with warehouse for $234 AUD inc GST - i know its expensive but would it be worth it? i dont feel comfortable with using an aftermarket cooler and having to modify the mounting. Or just using two of the 4 screws like alot do. 

If anyone is interested just PM me and i could send you the contact info for them, seems no one is interested in the bulk purchase :P 

How much for shipping to UK?

What is the area in the UK i will try and calculate shipping, i have purchased two from HP, they gave me a 25 % discount. After these two the lead time can be upto 4 - 6 weeks i need to know within 1 - 2 days if anyone else is interested, or ill give you the HP contact i have