RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Removing Motherboard

tdkmatt

Hi All

Is there any good guides on how to remove the motherboard/tray, i have my new i3 Coming this week and planning on install it. along with a Noctua NH-L9I Low Profile CPU Cooler (maybe - Suggestions?)

on the weekend i installed my HP P410 with two 40MM fans to cool it, and i was looking at removing the tray but it seemed a bit awkward with flimsy connectors everywhere 

The HP ProLiant MicroServer Gen8 Maintenance and Service Guide ("Service Manual") that GotNoTime provided a link to above is an excellent reference.

Another thing to look at (after you downloaded the "Service Manual" above) in the HP Customer Self Repair Services Media Library -- Media Selection Page at http://h20464.www2.hp.com/index.html?adid=10428184?jumpid=ba_r329_hhoaffiliate&aid=38293&pbid=TnL5HPStwNw&aoid=35252&siteid=TnL5HPStwNw-2AqdWY0BAnwWKcoFnRxYMA 

Under 1. Product Category SELECT Servers

Under 2. Product Family SELECT HP ProLiant MicroServer

Under 3. Product Series SELECT HP ProLiant MicroServer Gen8

Figure-2.jpg

hit RETURN and you will go to the Remove/Replace Videos selection menu shown

Figure-3.jpg

Here's some more reference (lots of pictures): http://homeservershow.com/hp-proliant-gen8-microserver-xeon-e3-1265lv2-cpu-upgrade.html 

Edited by Joe_Miner
  • Like 1

• 2 years later...

What i3 is it, one that's known to work I presume?

He shouldn't need to change the heatsink as long as its a <35w CPU, saying that I ran a 45w E3-1260L and that was fine on the stock heatsink tbh