RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

CES 2016 Visits and Review Opportunities

In the podcast you mentioned a home automation podcast. I couldn't tell exactly what you said. Was it Smart Home HQ?

I think that's what Dave said, They are part of TheGeeksNetwork http://smarthomehq.net/

There is also another great podcast called Home: ON http://www.thedigitalmediazone.com/podcasts/home-on/

Edited by itGeeks

Thanks, I appreciate it. I've been doing home automation all the way back since X10 was cool and DAK was still in business. I have a mixed bag of stuff in place, some works together and some not so much. Wemo, Z-Wave, Zigbee, SmartThings, Nest, Harmony... I have been thinking about looking for somewhere to talk about these things and improving my implementation. 

Ordered my Amazon Echo today. This last webcast pushed me over the edge.

• Like 1

Thanks, I appreciate it. I've been doing home automation all the way back since X10 was cool and DAK was still in business. I have a mixed bag of stuff in place, some works together and some not so much. Wemo, Z-Wave, Zigbee, SmartThings, Nest, Harmony... I have been thinking about looking for somewhere to talk about these things and improving my implementation. 

Ordered my Amazon Echo today. This last webcast pushed me over the edge.

Your welcome. Home automation is some pretty fancy stuff for sure. I have a very basic system in place with door locks and light switches but its all tied in with my security system and sad to say that the Z-Wave rule set is not that great so I was thinking about trying another controller like Smart Things but it can't work with my security system. Anyway Dave owns a forum for this kind of talk, Head on over to HA Forums for all the HA stuff- http://homeautomationforums.com/

Edited by itGeeks
  • 2 weeks later...

Dave does that scanner also send things to OneNote? I am also interested to know if you have one place like a dashboard to you use to run all of your home automation. I just know that I don't want to do to much automation if I have to go to 15 places to control places. 

Edited by ArmyHobbit

One more thought for anyone like myself who is a big Amazon user. Dave mentioned in the HSS 294 cast about Amazon products doing everything including ordering more products for you when it thinks it needs to. What do you guys think about the legal ramifications for a company doing to much? I can think of several large corporations that pushed the legal limits in the name of ingenuity. Jim I believe mentioned that some of the big OS players are not getting involved at this time in relations to the Echo. Historically when the big companies come in only few things ever happen. 1. The big company crushes the others and sometimes M&A's happen. 2. Lady justice shows up, and legal battles happen and the PR battle breaks, end use lose. 3. Consumers rally behind original products and all other competition gather small insignificant margins. Normally in the world of business we love to live by the rule the first with the most wins, but companies like Samsung have pushed too hard in the past and found themselves in court instead of celebrating a product release. 

Sorry for the rant got a little excited!!  :P

Dave does that scanner also send things to OneNote? I am also interested to know if you have one place like a dashboard to you use to run all of your home automation. I just know that I don't want to do to much automation if I have to go to 15 places to control places. 

Yes on the OneNote.