RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

EX49x help

dvn

So now that I have my first MSS, the EX495 which I'm loving btw, I want to read up on the included features - Firefly, Media Collector, iTunes Streaming, and Twonky. So I'm looking through the help files which are accessible from the WHS console.

My question is this: does anyone know where exactly this help file is located? Is it a chm? The reason I ask is because I'd like to copy it over to my laptop so I can look it over when I'm on break at work.

**Edit: Well, I guess I should have gone to the HP support site before posting. I found what I was looking for in PDF format. Good enough.

MSS EX495 Manual

Ya, after looking at the PDF, it will suffice. But I'd still rather have the actual .chm that the console uses. Or whatever it it. So, I guess I'm back to asking if anyone knows how to lay hands on that particular file.

Ya, I know. But the thing is that it's presented in the console screen, kinda smallish, ya know? (That'd be a nice feature update for PP4 - re-sizable to full-screen WHS console view)

Plus, I don't actually have Internet access at work. Can you believe it?

RDC into your server & check here;
C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\HP MediaSmart Server\webapps\help\HPDV_UsersGuide\en
C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\HP MediaSmart Server\webapps\help\HPMSS_UsersGuide\en