RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Luma WiFi, Security and eero

schoondoggy

Just a heads up. We are planning on closing this topic due to it's "chatroom" like movement.  We'll split it up and get it back on track.  There should be a topic for each subject.  Luma vs. Eero, Luma Shipping Dates, etc.

It happens. We'll clean it up.

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• itGeeks

• schoondoggy

• awraynor

• JROrtiz

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Some questions I have asked to Luma and their answers: Q: If I understand correctly, there are two Ethernet ports on each Luma device, Wan and Lan. My first Luma device will be connected to my cable

I don't want to spoil the interview, but here are some key takeaways that have been debated a lot in the forums:   Ethernet backhaul will be available Luma will not have to be the primary router (

Very nice interview.

itGeeks

It is great to watch everyone experiment.  I am learning allot out of all your experiences.  Curious what will end up being the victor so that I can recommend to those who ask me.  These are attractive for those who can't run wires.  When I recommend OM most do not want to wall/ceiling mount and run a cable.  That makes these new breed of access points very interesting for those use cases.  I sit patiently as the battle of WiFi continues.

Let me say that mounting options are much different then not running cables, When the OM MR1750 first came out I was also limited to mounting options do to closed walls/ceiling so I ended up setting it up on a table in the corner of my livinging room behind a 6 feet fake tree on a plate stand on a 45 degree angle using something like this https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00I56ZWX6/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pd_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=1N6867G1O15RY&coliid=I20AITVOYNKALP

I contacted OM and made a suggestion for them to make a table stand for the MR-1750 and they told me that was a great idea and would look into it but I have not heard anything since. What I use works till someone touches it so a table mount for those of use that can't wall/ceiling mount would be great. I think it would be very easy for OM to make as an another mounting options but I guess the request for it is not great and that's to bad as I know many are using this great product in home environments. Not wanting to run cables or running cables is not an option because of closed walls is another hurdle, Not running cables will force the user to Wireless mesh and as we all know that setup will take a performance hit no matter what solution you go with, Ethernet backhaul will give you the best performance so its a trade-off for sure. 

Edited by itGeeks
itGeeks

Disappointing that they are not shipping first come, first served. I ordered early December and have heard nothing. 

I feel your pain, I ordered a single in Dec and a 3 pack in Jan and I have not got any shipping I called Lima 2 times and they say don't worry I will have shipping in within 2 weeks. The best is not only are they not shipping FIFO but according to reports Best Buy will have these in stores July 1 we as early adopters will get there units after they are available in stores.

Edited by itGeeks
itGeeks

Just a heads up. We are planning on closing this topic due to it's "chatroom" like movement.  We'll split it up and get it back on track.  There should be a topic for each subject.  Luma vs. Eero, Luma Shipping Dates, etc.

It happens. We'll clean it up.

Could you please tell me where you moved Jason's thread to with his disappointment to the the pcmag review? I cant find it now and I wanted to post a response. 

schoondoggy

I feel your pain, I ordered a single in Dec and a 3 pack in Jan and I have not got any shipping I called Lima 2 times and they say don't worry I will have shipping in within 2 weeks. The best is not only are they not shipping FIFO but according to reports Best Buy will have these in stores July 1 we as early adopters will get there units after they are available in stores.

On Twitter. Luma said they would send emails on Monday with estimated arrival dates for pre-orders.

itGeeks

On Twitter. Luma said they would send emails on Monday with estimated arrival dates for pre-orders.

Thanks for the update, I am sure Luma must be feeling the heat by now and figures they better do something before the loose anymore pre-order customers. Kevin what do you use for a Twitter client on Windows? I don't really follow Twitter but I think I should.

Thank you.

schoondoggy

Thanks for the update, I am sure Luma must be feeling the heat by now and figures they better do something before the loose anymore pre-order customers. Kevin what do you use for a Twitter client on Windows? I don't really follow Twitter but I think I should.

Thank you.

Currently, I am just using the Twitter app, but I may go back to using the Tweetium app.

itGeeks

Currently, I am just using the Twitter app, but I may go back to using the Tweetium app.

Thanks for the info, I did just install the Twitter app but I will have a look at Tweetium.