• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• itGeeks

• schoondoggy

• awraynor

• JROrtiz

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Some questions I have asked to Luma and their answers: Q: If I understand correctly, there are two Ethernet ports on each Luma device, Wan and Lan. My first Luma device will be connected to my cable

I don't want to spoil the interview, but here are some key takeaways that have been debated a lot in the forums:   Ethernet backhaul will be available Luma will not have to be the primary router (

Very nice interview.

Thanks for bringing the beta link to my attention. I was so excited about getting the e-mail I didn't notice the 

big signup link in the e-mail. I of course signed up too. Hope my 150+ devices in my 27,000 sq. ft. house

sways them to let me in :)

Thanks for bringing the beta link to my attention. I was so excited about getting the e-mail I didn't notice the 

big signup link in the e-mail. I of course signed up too. Hope my 150+ devices in my 27,000 sq. ft. house

sways them to let me in :)

150 Devices? :o I thought I had a lot. I am jealous, What all are you running there?

• Like 1

150 Devices? :o I thought I had a lot. I am jealous, What all are you running there?

I'm kidding, I"m kidding. 2700 sq. ft., around 15 devices, and 50 home automation devices. 

I have 3 Open-Mesh MR1750s and an Eero preorder of 3 APs coming. Only because I ordered them from the start. Luma seems to offer more with better hardware but can't see how either would compare to Sophos UTM with Open-Mesh.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have 3 Open-Mesh MR1750s and an Eero preorder of 3 APs coming. Only because I ordered them from the start. Luma seems to offer more with better hardware but can't see how either would compare to Sophos UTM with Open-Mesh.

I have to agree with you here. Luma does seem to have better hardware then Eero, Right out of the gate Luma supports MU-MIMO so wireless with multi users should perform much better then Eero MIMO and I have to agree I don't think either Luma or Eero are going to out perform Open-Mesh but I am hopeful that Luma does a good job. I almost pre-ordered Eero but I was thankfully to late as they had closed the pre-orders already.

Edited by itGeeks
schoondoggy

Depends on what you are looking for. The majority of people setting up security, content management and Wi-Fi are not capable of managing a Sophos firewall. If you are looking for the best free UTM and great Wi-Fi mesh coverage Sophos and Open-Mesh are hard to beat.

How big of an area are you covering with three MR1750?