RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Right After Installing Server 2012R2 I ran SPP

Joe_Miner

Forum member iandrews suggested I run SPP again after my installation of Server 2012R2 to update/install drivers & software for the OS.  Excellent suggestion BTW so a special thanks to iandrews!

In iLO4 I mounted the ISO of the latest SPP for the ML10v2 from HPE’s Support Center I and opened up the mounted virtual optical drive in File Explorer and executed the Windows Batch File launch_hpsum where I then elected Localhost Guided Update in Automatic mode.  

I made a video of this: https://youtu.be/lINNhPH5UJE

References:

HP ProLiant ML10v2 Server Drivers & Software https://h20564.www2.hpe.com/hpsc/swd/public/readIndex?sp4ts.oid=7796452&swLangOid=8&swEnvOid=4168〈=en&cc=us&hpappid=hppecf

gallery_1229_137_94494.jpg

Drivers are obviously missing before running SPP

gallery_1229_137_1761.jpg

Running SPP in S2012R2 then executing Launch_HPSum.bat

gallery_1229_137_10754.jpg

gallery_1229_137_43615.jpg

Edited by Joe_Miner

I just installed 2012R2 off my trusty USB, and then mounted the SPP ISO in Server 2012R2 once booted, ran the SPP, job done.  Server 2012R2 picks up most of the hardware itself - well, enough to get you up and running.

I also ran the Intel Chipset installer myself, which updated the AHCI SATA drivers and some of the motherboard chipset stuff.

• Like 1

S2012R2, Win8.1 & Win10 all seem to need only the B120i driver to get up and going and SPP fills in the rest later.  Pretty painless IMO

Glad it went well for you too

Do you have the Corsair Neutron in a single drive RAID0 for your OS drive?  Those are nice SSDs IMO

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• E3000
      By E3000
      Hey guys,

As of June 2020, what are the latest versions of firmware for HP Microserver Gen8 to be installed on the system itself? Also do any other components have updatable firmware/os-independent software?

So far my list is as follows:
      BIOS - J06 (04/04/2019) iLO 4 - v2.73 (11/02/2020) Intelligent Provisioning - v1.71 (20/02/2019)  
      and I guess the following could also be added (although both out of date):
      Smart Update Manager (HP SUM) - v8.1.0 (21/12/2017) Service Pack for ProLiant (06/11/2017)  
      Date formated as DD/MM/YYYY.

I believe all the B120i Smart Storage stuff is part of Intelligent Provisioning.
    • kavejo
      By kavejo
      Hi,

I’m looking for the latest Proliant SPP for Gen. 8 servers. 

I’ve got a MicroServer, a DL360e and a DL380e which I’d love to update.

Has anyone got the latest SPP that wouldn’t mind sharing?

Thank you!
    • Richardracer
      By Richardracer
      Good afternoon,

Newbie here, so please be gentle with me!

I have an 18 month old Gen8 server bought new but now out of warranty, so limited access to HPE updates.  My Gen8 has 8Gb memory, Recently added Xeon 1220v2, standard disk controller (122i ) and 4 off 3.5” drives giving 6Tb of storage under storage spaces.  OS on SATA HDD  sitting in ODD space as recommended on here.  I was running Win10 Pro, but after upgrading processor and trying to update drivers with Intelligent Provisioning, I fell foul of the expired warranty.  I also lost my printer driver for HP laser jet and my sound drivers (usb connected sound card).

To cut a long and painful journey a bit shorter, I am re-installing Win10 Pro from DVD, with licence key under IP.  My question as someone without warranty, but with a copy of the SPP download (ISO?), how do I install the various drivers needed from the SPP and do I need to update the firmware for the Xeon processor, if so how?  I read on here that the original 2014 J06 firmware does not have a thermal solution for Xeon processor and ILO shows high temps for some components.

I am reasonable knowledgeable in Windows of old and have Rufus to create bootable usb sticks, but unsure how to get from SPP ISO image as downloaded (871795_001_spp-2017.04.0-SPP2017040.2017_0420.14).

Any help from experienced gurus much appreciated!

regards

Richardracer.
    • npapanik
      By npapanik
      As in subject, Service Pack for ProLiant 2018.03.0 (SPP) does not support Microserver Gen 10?

Any explanation?

TIA
    • kavejo
      By kavejo
      Hi guys,

I was checking my MicroServer Gen 8 and I realised it's quite some time I don't apply a Service Pack with all its updates.
      Has anyone got a link to the latest available, please?

Thanks,
      Tommy