RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Podcast 103, What do you think ?

diehard

Hi Everyone,

This week was the week I was waiting for a while. VAIL and AURORA.

The news covered Windows Live Essentials and the 2 Atom chips from Intel. D425 & D525.

But the big stuff was VAIL and AURORA. Did you get the message that you should NOT run this as your production server ? GOOD.

We covered a bunch of stuff and there's more to share, so start up the threads. The kids will be back to school soon and summer will be over. Use the time to put some money away for a new server build and listen to Dave & Jim's server builds. Then test out VAIL. When your ready, pick up a copy of the TechNet subscription so you can update all your home PC's and get a copy of VAIL or Aurora when that's ready.

So, what do you think of this weeks podcast ?

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• diehard

• jcollison

• jmwills

• mysticgeek

Great show guys, very informative! Haven't had time to play with Vail/Aurora yet, but it sounds like there's some good stuff there.

So.... should I set up Vail as my prod server and dump V1 now? :lol:

The Group

Good podcast about Val and Aurora, I’m going to stick with my EX485 for now. Thank for the information.

Great show guys, very informative! Haven't had time to play with Vail/Aurora yet, but it sounds like there's some good stuff there.

So.... should I set up Vail as my prod server and dump V1 now? :lol:

LOL yeah I think that is what they were saying over and over again ;)

Good times. Just wanted to remind all you guys to join us live on the uStream channel every Wednesday. Note that there won't be an episode next week (Dave's going on vacation, right?), but try to make it in the coming weeks so we can hit 50! :)

Yep, no recording a podcast next week :( because Dave's taking a week off.

But, I would not mind chatting for a hour in the ustream if Jim turns on the lights over there. :P Jim's the keymaster. Interested Jim ? anyone else ? Jim, you can still tweet it out.

Responding to a comment I thought I heard about Aurora. A statement was made that Aurora works with Home Groups??? How is that possible when an AD Forest is installed? yes I know you can run a non-AD machine inside a domain if you have the proper credentials. I am installing Aurora on a virtual drive right now, so we will see.

Responding to a comment I thought I heard about Aurora. A statement was made that Aurora works with Home Groups??? How is that possible when an AD Forest is installed? yes I know you can run a non-AD machine inside a domain if you have the proper credentials. I am installing Aurora on a virtual drive right now, so we will see.

hmm, nope Aurora does not have the HomeGroup option. it uses Workgroups.