RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

ILO4 (port) issue

fred55

Hi everyone

This is my first post and want to start by saying this forum was the sole reason I ended buying a gen8 after spending a few months looking around. It's a great community and plenty of very useful information so I'm hoping someone can help.

I have a major problem with the iLO4 - this is my first experience and not a good one so far.

I can't connect using the DNS name on the card nor when I manually assign an IP (even when the IP is shown on boot). Thought it might be a firmware issue so updated to 2.10 and still the same.

The cable is definitely working and plugged into the ILO port. However lights for the port do not come on either on the back of the server or my switch. The other lan ports work ok - as in lighting up.

I have literally gone through every option in the bios and F8 and still cannot get it to work.

I'm really hoping it's not a faulty unit but I would be surprised if it was. The unit arrived at 10am this morning and 12 hours later I'm still on step 1!!!!

Does anyone here have any suggestions?

Thanks

Fred

Edited by fred55

The cable is definitely working and plugged into the ILO port. However lights for the port do not come on either on the back of the server or my switch. The other lan ports work ok - as in lighting up.

If resetting iLO from the iLO configuration menu prompt you see at startup doesn't help then it sounds like you've got a faulty Microserver. One of the features is that iLO can share the motherboard ethernet port instead of using the dedicated port but I'd still expect link lights.
  • Like 1

Can you look in your BIOS settings if the iLo port is simply deactivated? I have no memory of such an option, but you can look by yourself.

But, like GotNoTime said, I must agree that it looks like a faulty Microserver motherboard.

Edited by Metallus