RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Windows 10 home client restore process fails.

Jay2001

I have a windows 10 home client, a windows 10 Pro client, and a windows 8.1 client all sucessfully connected to the server WSE 2012 r2 with sucessful backups happening every night as it should. But only on the windows 10 home client when i try to do a restore of the data that has been backed up I get this: (see attached picture) basically says "The restore process did not succeed, the driver has been blocked from loading"

I run the restore process from the other clients (windows 10 PRO and windows 8.1) i can access the files just fine even the backups from the windows 10 home client. which kinda tells me whatever is going on only resides on the windows 10 home client computer.

Capture.PNG

Edited by Jay2001

I found the problem I had to uninstall the two unknown devices in Device Manager (the two with the yellow exclamation mark on them) then uninstall and reinstall the connector for WSE2012 R2 windows 10 (which you get by downloading and installing the update manually from microsofts website) and go through the process of connecting the client to the server using the Windows server essentials Connector Configuration Wizard now all is well evidently there was a corrupt portion of the installation.

Edited by Jay2001