RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

HP ProLiant ML10v2 E3-1220 $229.99

Joe_Miner

Will this require extra kits for mounting hard drives and optical drives? They appear to be somewhat expensive.

Not really, there is a drive cage for four drives, they are not swappable(no carriers).

The service guide shows detail on replacement procedurers:

http://h20565.www2.hpe.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?sp4ts.oid=7796450&docId=emr_na-c04622389&docLocale=en_US

Not really, there is a drive cage for four drives, they are not swappable(no carriers).

The service guide shows detail on replacement procedurers:

http://h20565.www2.hpe.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?sp4ts.oid=7796450&docId=emr_na-c04622389&docLocale=en_US

So could use 4 data drives, add RAM and strap in an OS SSD somewhere and good to go after picking OS?

Assume you can run Win7, 8 or 10 on this? I don't feel the need to use Server 2012. 

How is power and heat likely to be in this box?

And this would be superior to one of the comparable Lenovo or Dell boxes, especially given the price.

So could use 4 data drives, add RAM and strap in an OS SSD somewhere and good to go after picking OS?

Assume you can run Win7, 8 or 10 on this? I don't feel the need to use Server 2012. 

How is power and heat likely to be in this box?

And this would be superior to one of the comparable Lenovo or Dell boxes, especially given the price.

All things and more I plan to have proof in the future -- at this moment I can only speculate but I suspect It would handle anything I could throw at the G8's I've played with in the past -- The DL320e as well as the MicroServer

Edited by Joe_Miner