RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Circle - The new way for families to manage content and time across all devices.

Dave

I'm in the middle of reviewing Circle which is a device that sits beside your wifi and allows you manage devices on your network.  I'm enjoying it so far and I can't wait for tons of family to roll in on Thanksgiving day so I can mess with them!  I mean, assign them to a profile and keep the content flowing in my house as safe as possible for visitors.  I've setup a quick link HSS style so you can get to it easily and share it with family and friends.  I think it will be on my top ten gifts for the holiday season.  

http://homeservershow.com/circle

Wife is actually interested in this. I know it's impossible, but wish it had granular control over YouTube.

Lots of good stuff for my son there, but also some inappropriate stuff. 

• Like 1

To help place some controls on YouTube I removed it from my son's iPad and put the KidTube app on instead.  If you turn off search then the only content available has been prescreened and deemed kid appropriate.  My kid can also search with Safari and find YouTube content that way too so I still have to be vigilant.  Seems like Circle has some benefits I could really use.  Plus, i can limit the wife's time on the internet too.....

I'm in the middle of reviewing Circle which is a device that sits beside your wifi and allows you manage devices on your network.  I'm enjoying it so far and I can't wait for tons of family to roll in on Thanksgiving day so I can mess with them!  I mean, assign them to a profile and keep the content flowing in my house as safe as possible for visitors.  I've setup a quick link HSS style so you can get to it easily and share it with family and friends.  I think it will be on my top ten gifts for the holiday season.  

http://homeservershow.com/circle

What time are you serving Thanksgiving dinner?  I seemed to have misplaced my invite.

• Like 1

CSKenney. 

Plus, i can limit the wife's time on the internet too.....

I heard the dog house is already cold in Wisconsin this time of year. 

• Like 1

CSKenney. 

Plus, i can limit the wife's time on the internet too.....

I heard the dog house is already cold in Wisconsin this time of year. 

Not an issue.  Dog sleeps in the living room.  Couch is actually quite comfy!

Didn't know about this. Going to pick one up now that my son is becoming a frequent tablet user.

Question - if you're trying to control iPhone use, how do you prevent the user from either uninstalling the local circle app OR flipping over from Wifi to LTE bypassing the monitor altogether?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Jason

Jason: Considered putting an MDM solution in place, the WiFi details stored in a profile (so if you delete the profile the wireless access goes as well) you can also put a password on the profile removal. I know there are some controls for the cellular modem in there but I cannot recall what they are due to the fact that none of the hundreds under my control on the MDM are 3G/4G capable and those that I do have are personal devices assigned to senior staff without MDM control

Edited by ShadowPeo