RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

HSS #292

itGeeks

Wow. Pretty impressive device with just one AP. Which router are you using with it?

Yes its very impressive, I use a Sophos XG Firewall for my router. Pick one of those Open-Mesh MR1750 and see how Wi-Fi should be :)

• 2 weeks later...
HellDiverUK

I dunno, I've messed with lots of wifi stuff over the years, and my current setup "Just Works"tm - an Asus RT-AC87U.  Running Merlin firmware, I've had absolutely no issues at all.  It's fast, it's stable, and it's all one box.  I have a heap of stuff on 2.4GHz (phones, home automation, etc), and 5GHz for the HTPCs, laptops, etc.  Everything works perfectly.

I dunno, I've messed with lots of wifi stuff over the years, and my current setup "Just Works"tm - an Asus RT-AC87U.  Running Merlin firmware, I've had absolutely no issues at all.  It's fast, it's stable, and it's all one box.  I have a heap of stuff on 2.4GHz (phones, home automation, etc), and 5GHz for the HTPCs, laptops, etc.  Everything works perfectly.

Asus makes great stuff, I used Asus wireless routers for years with little to no trouble. If your setup works then no need to change it.

Thanks for sharing...