RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

help with client connect operation - cannot communicate with server....

nrf

I'm trying to move my clients over to R2E, first one is getting 'unable to contact server'. all the time I have a working RDP session to that server, so really? the only microsoft help associated with that error is to sync the clocks. sorry but the client is using ntp and within +- 1 second of the server. should be enough, right? I stopped the teaming on the server, swapped in all new switches, switched NICs on the server, no joy. even went to the log file and saw no actual 'error' message. 

for reference, I am using skip domain join and running regedit during the id/password prompt per tinkertry....

any brilliant ideas out there?

thanks in advance!

Uninstall the connector and try again. As previously posted if the client is W10 and had an update this week then the the connector is gone and must be manually reinstalled.

Just got it going, had to muck around with dns settings. my connect had been to the ip but then it was looking by server name. putting server into hosts file did not help, had to set the dns server to be the server. finally.

thanks.

Edited by nrf