RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Array migration from b120i to p410

leadmd

Hi!

I have microserver and 2 drives in raid 1 on b120i controller. And 2 logical arrays all raid 1.

If i bought Smart array p410 it will see already created array?Or I will rebuild whis full data loss?

Edited by leadmd

I believe all arrays created on a smart array can be migrated without loss to another smartarray. That being said, always have a backup. You should probably wait for someone else (like Schoon) to confirm this before trying it.

Incidentally, once migrated, yon can actually upgrade the array from 1 to 5, if you'd like.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi 2all p410 get all arrays from b120i. but it need firmware upgreade.

losses -  in ilo no disk detection,

and in b120i two ports in 6gbs and 2 in 3gbs. in p410 all in 3gbs

losses -  in ilo no disk detection,

The P410 is the previous generation card so isn't supported by iLO4. A P420 which is the same generation as the HP supported P222 will be recognised by iLO in the Gen8 Microserver. Apart from the lack of monitoring, it should work fine on the Gen8 Microserver though. You'll just have to run monitoring tools inside your OS.

and in b120i two ports in 6gbs and 2 in 3gbs. in p410 all in 3gbs

That is normal. The P410 only supports 6Gbps SAS and 3Gbps SATA as the highest transfer speeds.

You can move any RAID set from a B120i to a P222 or P420. I think you can move to P212 and P410, but I need to check.

Tested P212ZM pickup raid1settings after B120i, not need raid reconfiguration, esxi 6.0 working.

One thing left - how to disable B120i at all?

Tested P212ZM pickup raid1settings after B120i, not need raid reconfiguration, esxi 6.0 working.

One thing left - how to disable B120i at all?

In setup, change storage controller from B120i to AHCI.