RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
itGeeks

Sophos Copernicus is now out of Beta and Has a New Name, Sophos XG Firewall

nrf

for NICs I have a pci express intel, a dual pci express intel, and the builtin. given it hasn't even put the software onto the disk, I don't see why this would impact the keyboard I/O but I can certainly try disabling the onboard NIC

itGeeks

for NICs I have a pci express intel, a dual pci express intel, and the builtin. given it hasn't even put the software onto the disk, I don't see why this would impact the keyboard I/O but I can certainly try disabling the onboard NIC

Yes disable the on-board NIC's that are not Intel and try again, If that does not work then like I said burn that image to a DVD and try again. You never answered my question is the keyboard wired or wireless? Is this a bear-metal install or a VM install your trying to do??

nrf

bare metal, disabled buildtin nic - no joy. one wired keyboard and for good measure one wireless - bios sees both, gives a count of keyboards and mice it sees.

there should be no need to touch any NIC when just loading the software to disk.

guess I can try the dvd. fwiw the usb stick worked fine in another system, at least as far as putting the software onto the disk

nrf

at least it is consistent, same exact result with boot from cd.

nrf

where there's a will, there's a way...

built the drive in a 32 bit system,

moved it to the microserver

seems to be working!

pulling teeth...

psykix

Does anyone know how I can use Sophos XG to scan incoming mail?

I don't have a mail server here, just several email clients. The exchange server is an Exchange Hosted server.

I just want an extra level of scanning on the email for spam and AV if that's possible!

I tried setting up a rule, but it doesn't seem to register any passing traffic, even though I have emails incoming, so it's obviously not working.

Also, I can't get email notifications working.

There doesn't really appear to be any sort of real time log that you can watch to see what's happening. Makes troubleshooting a bit of a bloomin' pain.

Finally, I ran a new cable around to my Gen8 for the WAN port and plugged it directly in to the Sophos WAN port. It still says that the interface is up and the gateway is down. It's working fine though, so must be some sort of bug in the software.

Hope they start to get some of these issues resolved soon!!

itGeeks

Does anyone know how I can use Sophos XG to scan incoming mail?

I don't have a mail server here, just several email clients. The exchange server is an Exchange Hosted server.

I just want an extra level of scanning on the email for spam and AV if that's possible!

I tried setting up a rule, but it doesn't seem to register any passing traffic, even though I have emails incoming, so it's obviously not working.

Also, I can't get email notifications working.

There doesn't really appear to be any sort of real time log that you can watch to see what's happening. Makes troubleshooting a bit of a bloomin' pain.

Finally, I ran a new cable around to my Gen8 for the WAN port and plugged it directly in to the Sophos WAN port. It still says that the interface is up and the gateway is down. It's working fine though, so must be some sort of bug in the software.

Hope they start to get some of these issues resolved soon!!

Have a look at these links and see if it helps you-

https://www.sophos.com/en-us/support/knowledgebase/123119.aspx

https://community.sophos.com/cfs-file/__key/communityserver-discussions-components-files/46/Schermata-2015_2D00_11_2D00_19-alle-12.18.24.png

I have not messed with email scanning from 3rd party mail server yet so I don't know if my info is helpful.

nrf

did you use a crossover cable nic-to-nic? even if the systems support a direct cable attachment the reliability may be less than ideal. hopefully you have a spare little switch around to at least experiment with..

psykix

Have a look at these links and see if it helps you-

https://www.sophos.com/en-us/support/knowledgebase/123119.aspx

https://community.sophos.com/cfs-file/__key/communityserver-discussions-components-files/46/Schermata-2015_2D00_11_2D00_19-alle-12.18.24.png

I have not messed with email scanning from 3rd party mail server yet so I don't know if my info is helpful.

Hmm.. doesn't really help much. I'll have a read through the admin guide. I hate having to RTFM!

did you use a crossover cable nic-to-nic? even if the systems support a direct cable attachment the reliability may be less than ideal. hopefully you have a spare little switch around to at least experiment with..

It's exactly the same modem and cable that was plugged into the WAN port on my D-Link router.

It appears to be a bug/quirk as others have reported a similar issue.

itGeeks

Hmm.. doesn't really help much. I'll have a read through the admin guide. I hate having to RTFM!

It's exactly the same modem and cable that was plugged into the WAN port on my D-Link router.

It appears to be a bug/quirk as others have reported a similar issue.

Sorry it did not help. I don't have the time right now to mess with it. Here is the section on the manual for email protection http://docs.sophos.com/nsg/sophos-firewall/v15010/Help/en-us/webhelp/onlinehelp/index.html#page/onlinehelp%2FEmailProtection.html%23

Please let us know if you get it working and how you got it working.