RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
itGeeks

Sophos Copernicus is now out of Beta and Has a New Name, Sophos XG Firewall

pcdoc

I am two+ years using McAfee Live Safe, one key for all PC and Android tablets all managed from your McAfee Live Safe account. I have had great luck with this solution. You can usually renew for $59.99 all you can consume. 

The company I work for switched to Sophos EndPoint this year and it has worked very well, from this link click on corporate user and then Sophos;

https://www.av-test.org/en/compare-manufacturer-results/

These are two of my favorite sites on AV:

http://www.av-comparatives.org/

https://www.av-test.org/en/

These are great sites.  I have not seen these before.  Thanks for the info.  

psykix

Try powering it off wait 30 seconds and power back on, That's worked for me. If that does not work then disable DHCP wait 30 seconds and re-enable it should clear it.

I use dyndns also works great on both UTM9.x and now Sophos XG

That's a pain if that's how you have to clear the logs! I'll leave them be for now!

Thanks for the info tho!

psykix

Por favor!

Anyone else running Sophos XG - I'm having issues with a tablet that I got for the missus for Xmas. She can't seem to download anything from the MS store.

Anyway, they asked me to go on one to one chat with them, but the link refuses to work. It works on my phone through the same wifi network, but on my desktop it just times out.

Can someone try it?

http://www.microsoftstore.com/store/msusa/en_US/cat/Answer-Desk/categoryID.63433500?WT.mc_id=tw_us_answerdesk_social

That link works, but when I then click Get Help Now link (the box with the bloke wearing a headset) then it just times out. (works fine on iOS though?!)

No idea how to troubleshoot this, since I cannot seem to find any sort of real time log viewer in Sophos.

psykix

I've had enough!

Powered off my Sophos XG VM and have switched to pfSense for now. At the end of the day, there's not much point in all the Sophos bells and whistles when I have to turn them all off for standard things to work.

pfSense UI looks dreadful in comparison though!

psykix

Aaaaand.. back to Sophos!

I spent a morning playing with pfSense and Untangle. Wasn't at all keen on either compared to Sophos.

I'm currently back on Sophos and hoping they fix stuff with the March firmware update!

Jason

This cracked me up. Yes, pfsense has the most awful, dated UI ever. That was the first thing that hit me when I moved to Sophos UTM 9 - that it even had a GUI. And that it was much more stable. With pfsense I had too many cases of intermittent, unexplained issues from one day to the next. Fortunately they have a great community/forum.

Still, can't imagine moving to XG in hopes that they might fix these issues by March. Too far away to chance it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

itGeeks

Aaaaand.. back to Sophos!

I spent a morning playing with pfSense and Untangle. Wasn't at all keen on either compared to Sophos.

I'm currently back on Sophos and hoping they fix stuff with the March firmware update!

Agreed, March cant come soon enough. Something tells me that we wont be WOWED though, Hope I am wrong.

psykix

I'm currently trying to set up a rule to bypass the webfilter etc.. on Sophos XG using hosts defined by MAC address (since the devices get used in other places) - not having much success though :-(

psykix

Never mind, I have managed to create a rule based on MAC addresses to exempt the iOS and Android devices from the general rule. I have all the filtering switched on in the main rule (which covers the likes of the Windows and MAC OS X based devices.)

Progress!

nrf

so if I understand this, with your setting the product does nothing for ios/android devices because there is no way to fine tune the rules?