RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Sophos Copernicus is now out of Beta and Has a New Name, Sophos XG Firewall

itGeeks

I watched this also and it was impressive. Personally I am still impressed and looking forward to the next update. Also working with them on a 3 company solution for mid year 2016.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• itGeeks

• nrf

• pcdoc

• psykix

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

for intrusion prevention, the equivalent in UTM9 is the 'attack patterns' tab on the intrusion prevention page. since I am not hosting internet services I orient both toward protecting clients. on XG

Here is what Sophos had to say about this brand new platform- https://blogs.sophos.com/2015/11/10/sophos-xg-firewall-a-network-security-ecosystem-with-many-innovations/#more-30035   You can downloa

Well I was almost there this weekend but had to bail out.  Got everything working very well such as port forwarding, filtering, application policies etc.  Got my home automation, cameras, and streamin

cool, a motivating factor that unfortunately does not motivate us for free home use.

Y would this not motivate us for free home use? From what I have been told the new security heartbeat also works with the new free endpoint protection for home use, Its free for up to 10 computers/tablets though I have not tried it YET but its on my list. https://www.sophos.com/en-us/lp/sophos-home.aspx

as far as I can see it is an un-integrated solution - a cloud based endpoint managed in its own web site, and the firewall managed in its local page. I didn't see the integration there.

as far as I can see it is an un-integrated solution - a cloud based endpoint managed in its own web site, and the firewall managed in its local page. I didn't see the integration there.

I just installed Sophos Home components give me a bit of time with it & I will report back if the security heartbeat works with it. When I was in the beta program it was to my understanding that it would work together but maybe I got bad info....  Please don't shoot the mesanger

I have it installed on a VM but have not done much with it. Near as I can tell it integrates through the cloud account which I have not created yet. Curious to see what you find.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It is a pretty slick free program but I do not see any integration in the home product.  It may be on the business one only.  Too bad, that would have been very cool.  Would love to know if anyone finds out differently.

It is a pretty slick free program but I do not see any integration in the home product.  It may be on the business one only.  Too bad, that would have been very cool.  Would love to know if anyone finds out differently.

https://community.sophos.com/products/sophos-home/f/25/t/10820

Thanks for the link. I clicked the link and voted for this support, I encourage anyone wanting the new Security Heartbeat to work with the new Sophos Home endpoint to do the same. Ya after testing last night I discovered it wont work but did not have a chance to post. I agree with you, "Sophos Home" is a slick program and now that I have it installed on my computer and I like it I will be installing "Sophos Home" on all my family's & friends computers. First up my future father-in-law, He pays double price for his viruses ;) Keeping his computer clean is a full time job. Also "Sophos Home" does not support Android or iOS devices so again anyone wanting support should head on over to the link below and vote it up, Android & iOS support is a must have.

https://community.sophos.com/products/sophos-home/f/25/p/15697/283746#283746

Thanks for the link. I clicked the link and voted for this support, I encourage anyone wanting the new Security Heartbeat to work with the new Sophos Home endpoint to do the same. Ya after testing last night I discovered it wont work but did not have a chance to post. I agree with you, "Sophos Home" is a slick program and now that I have it installed on my computer and I like it I will be installing "Sophos Home" on all my family's & friends computers. First up my future father-in-law, He pays double price for his viruses ;) Keeping his computer clean is a full time job. Also "Sophos Home" does not support Android or iOS devices so again anyone wanting support should head on over to the link below and vote it up, Android & iOS support is a must have.

https://community.sophos.com/products/sophos-home/f/25/p/15697/283746#283746

So the PC (and Mac?) client is only an end-user app and doesn't communicate back with the Sophos XG Firewall Home Edition host dashboard?  If not that's a huge miss.

Also does QoS function yet in XG?  I've come to rely heavily on this in UTM 9.3 for my Ooma service alongside Plex and TiVo streaming, CrashPlan cloud backup, etc.

So the PC (and Mac?) client is only an end-user app and doesn't communicate back with the Sophos XG Firewall Home Edition host dashboard?  If not that's a huge miss.

Also does QoS function yet in XG?  I've come to rely heavily on this in UTM 9.3 for my Ooma service alongside Plex and TiVo streaming, CrashPlan cloud backup, etc.

You are right and they do not communicate but it turns out to not be the end of the world.  I suspect since the business product does it was deliberately left off.  They have to leave some features off the free version.  QoS works well on XG.  I tested it very quickly but turned it back off as this is typically is not an issue for me.  I will turning it back on in a coupled of weeks once I know everything has been properly run through and still stable before I add a new feature.  From what little I saw of it it works well and it is pretty easy to setup.