RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Sophos Copernicus is now out of Beta and Has a New Name, Sophos XG Firewall

itGeeks

Right, so I already have all three Malware Scanning options turned off in the #Default_Network_Policy.  In that same policy, whenever I enable ANY web filter option other than "None", updates fail in the battle.net launcher.  This is tested on three PCs on my network, all running Windows 10 if that makes a difference.

I am unhappy to report that "web filter" is braking lots of things right now so your only option right now is create a IP Host Group called something like gaming and put all the gaming devices in that group then create a new policy at the top add that new group and disable the "web filter" for now. We need some updates from Sophos at this point in hopes that some of the many things get fixed, There is an update due out Jan-Feb 2016 so we can only hope some of this stuff is fixed including the much needed Regex problem, Without a good implantation of Regex lots of these problems will remain.

https://community.sophos.com/products/xg-firewall/f/46/p/42462/283553#283553 

One cleaver HSS forum member cant remember hew posted if the Sophos "web filter" is a problem right now and brakes to many things then y not use OpenDNS for your DNS as a temporary work around till this gets sorted out. That advice is exactly what I am doing now y I wait for some updates to sort this out.

Edited by itGeeks
  • Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• itGeeks

• nrf

• pcdoc

• psykix

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

for intrusion prevention, the equivalent in UTM9 is the 'attack patterns' tab on the intrusion prevention page. since I am not hosting internet services I orient both toward protecting clients. on XG

Here is what Sophos had to say about this brand new platform- https://blogs.sophos.com/2015/11/10/sophos-xg-firewall-a-network-security-ecosystem-with-many-innovations/#more-30035   You can downloa

Well I was almost there this weekend but had to bail out.  Got everything working very well such as port forwarding, filtering, application policies etc.  Got my home automation, cameras, and streamin

:D

Mike thanks for the overwhelming update as "nrf" puts it :D All kidding aside what was this a response to Netflix or something else?

This was in response to Netflix, and Xbox.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks pcdoc. I also have some good news, Looks like Netflix will be fixed in the next major release. I can only hope that's the one coming in Jan-Feb 2016

https://community.sophos.com/products/xg-firewall/f/46/p/42462/283658#283658

I'm happy not to be paying a subscription for something and I can wait a while for this to mature

I am with you, There is nothing really show stopping with XG that would make me feel I should not use it. It is only going to get better over time.

Thanks pcdoc. I also have some good news, Looks like Netflix will be fixed in the next major release. I can only hope that's the one coming in Jan-Feb 2016

https://community.sophos.com/products/xg-firewall/f/46/p/42462/283658#283658

I am with you, There is nothing really show stopping with XG that would make me feel I should not use it. It is only going to get better over time.

Outstanding. This should address most if not all the majors. I am fairly sure this is intertwined with other things like games. Great news. I guess they heard our cries. I am happy now and will be happier then.

Outstanding. This should address most if not all the majors. I am fairly sure this is intertwined with other things like games. Great news. I guess they heard our cries. I am happy now and will be happier then.

Yes I agree, I beleve there is more trouble with the web filter then meets the eye. Also I did reply back to your PM the same day you sent it so please don't forget to check it :rolleyes: