RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Sophos Copernicus is now out of Beta and Has a New Name, Sophos XG Firewall

itGeeks

CaffeinatedTech

Well I tried adding the URLs to the HTTP scanning rules list as Bypass entries, but couldn't get it to work.  Even if I set the default rule "rule1" to bypass the update still fails.

I ran TCPView to check which hosts the battle.net client and its agent are connecting to, added additional URL entries.  It uses a number of IP addresses as well on https and port 1119

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• itGeeks

• nrf

• pcdoc

• psykix

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

for intrusion prevention, the equivalent in UTM9 is the 'attack patterns' tab on the intrusion prevention page. since I am not hosting internet services I orient both toward protecting clients. on XG

Here is what Sophos had to say about this brand new platform- https://blogs.sophos.com/2015/11/10/sophos-xg-firewall-a-network-security-ecosystem-with-many-innovations/#more-30035   You can downloa

Well I was almost there this weekend but had to bail out.  Got everything working very well such as port forwarding, filtering, application policies etc.  Got my home automation, cameras, and streamin

Well I tried adding the URLs to the HTTP scanning rules list as Bypass entries, but couldn't get it to work.  Even if I set the default rule "rule1" to bypass the update still fails.

I ran TCPView to check which hosts the battle.net client and its agent are connecting to, added additional URL entries.  It uses a number of IP addresses as well on https and port 1119

I am sorry my suggestion did not work for you. I think at this point we all need to start submitting support tickets to support@sophos.com

I myself never had good luck in the past trying to get support because I had a free home license and not a paid licenses but there has been at lease one report now that someone using the words "Home XG Firewall" then state a short term for the trouble in the subject line such as Netflix Not Working has got him support. I sent an email to support and I am waiting to see if I have the same luck getting support from Sophos. We all need to start being heard by Sophos support and with any luck we can start getting XG shaped up.

Edited by itGeeks

I am sorry my suggestion did not work for you. I think at this point we all need to start submitting support tickets to support@sophos.com

I myself never had good luck in the past trying to get support because I had a free home license and not a paid licenses but there has been at lease one report now that someone using the words "Home XG Firewall" then state a short term for the trouble in the subject line such as Netflix Not Working has got him support. I sent an email to support and I am waiting to see if I have the same luck getting support from Sophos. We all need to start being heard by Sophos support and with any luck we can start getting XG shaped up.

As I am evaluating XG for work as well as home, I was able to get a reply for earlier questions pretty quickly.  They are trying to help the user base especially for functional stuff.  Not sure how eager they are to help with Netflix which is not part of the work place.  I will try and pursue this in the next few days to see if I can help get answers.

CaffeinatedTech

I'm sure its not just Netflix.  Turning the web filter on breaks certain services and we can't set the exceptions we need to resolve it or even see what the problem is in the logs.  Doesn't matter which filter category is enabled, the only solution seems to be disabling filtering all together.

I'm running UTM 9.3 at the moment, but still have the XG Firewall VM ready to spool up for further testing.

As I am evaluating XG for work as well as home, I was able to get a reply for earlier questions pretty quickly.  They are trying to help the user base especially for functional stuff.  Not sure how eager they are to help with Netflix which is not part of the work place.  I will try and pursue this in the next few days to see if I can help get answers.

Mike you maybe in a better place then to get some resolution but I will not hold my breath on them fixing the Netflix trouble based on there track record with UTM9, Several posts from paying customers of there product got closed with no resolution like nothing is wrong. Really? Does none of the Sophos staff own a mobile device and use services such as Netflix? that would be mind blowing. Please put as much pressure on Sophos as you can from a corporate stand point and please keep us updates. I just got off the phone with a rep from Sophos support and he is also going to push hard with level 2 support as well as try and get some ans from the developers on whats being done to fix the streaming problems. He seemed to be very aware of this going back to UTM9 and agreed with me that this should of already been fixed, So lets keep the pressure on for a resolution to this very overdue problem. Please keep us posted and I will do the same.

I'm sure its not just Netflix.  Turning the web filter on breaks certain services and we can't set the exceptions we need to resolve it or even see what the problem is in the logs.  Doesn't matter which filter category is enabled, the only solution seems to be disabling filtering all together.

I'm running UTM 9.3 at the moment, but still have the XG Firewall VM ready to spool up for further testing.

I agree with you 100% on everything you said. Rest assured there is much pressure from many of us to get this resolved or give us a way to resolve it our self's. I just spent over an hour on the phone that includes hold time and the rep seemed very willing to try and help so we will see what kind of response I get back from Sophos. I will keep everyone updated. There is also partners of Sophos on the Sophos community that are trying to come up with ways to fix such things as streaming Netflix to none computer devices so hang in there as there is much movement in trying to get things working. I will keep this community updated.

Edited by itGeeks

given 'paying' customers see the same bugs us freeloaders see, it would seem they would be just as interested in our reports. seems some odd logic at work over there. have there been any updates since november?

given 'paying' customers see the same bugs us freeloaders see, it would seem they would be just as interested in our reports. seems some odd logic at work over there. have there been any updates since november?

Agreed and yes I got 4 updates Dec 14. There way of doing things is a bit bazaar but I am like Donald Trump in many ways so I will keep pounding the pavement till there is no more road to drive on. Trust me when I tell you I am spending more time on this then my paying job. Lets see what happens next, I am waiting on an email from them

Edited by itGeeks

Those updates are just regular signature / antivirus definition updates.

There have been no actual firmware updates since the initial release.