RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Intelligent Provisioning: "unable to contact update server".

b_spock

Hi,

I'm trying to use Intelligent Provisioning (v 1.62b) to check and update my Gen 8 server firmware, unfortunately the request results in "unable to contact update server".

Network connectivity seems to be established, I notice that it has acquired a DHCP address. I also tried static address definition.

Specifying several options with the url as http://hp.comor http://ftp.hp.com or ftp://ftp.hp.com is also not solving this issue.

I have installed iLO 2.30 and used SPP 2015.10.0 which updated BIOS to J06 07/16/2015

I have the same problem as of last week. A couple weeks ago I made an update this way, it worked without problems, but then I couldn't even check online for the updates. This week I updated from iLO 2.20 to 2.30, but the problem is still there.

I had this with 2 different micro servers last week.

Had to update using a downloaded SPP image in the end. Took quite a long time!

I just got my new microserver this afternoon. I can't update the firmware through intelligent provisioning either. How do I get this SPP? The server isn't detecting the P222 I installed so I'm trying to update the firmware first and make sure its all copacetic.

I just got my new microserver this afternoon. I can't update the firmware through intelligent provisioning either. How do I get this SPP? The server isn't detecting the P222 I installed so I'm trying to update the firmware first and make sure its all copacetic.

First you need to register the microserver with HP, then you'll be able to access the SPP download.

Their website is a debacle in my opinion. Its hard to find things and its very slow.

Its about 5GB and doesn't actually fix the problem (in my experience), but it does update the firmware.