RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Processor E3- Intel Xeon 1265Lv2 Info and experience.

Haxsource

Hi guys.

I recently posted that I payed around 370€ on a Processor E3- Intel Xeon 1265Lv2. Dunno if its too much (@sal user told me its quite more than usual price), but couldnt find it anywhere else:

http://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/Intel-XEON-E3-1265LV2-2-5G_60264428966.html?spm=a2700.7724838.30.1.OnTKrZ

The thing is that after yesterday night testing the processor I found out is a ES Processor (Engeeniering Sample) teste with CPU-Z, Sisandra Software and both reported the same Will upload results later. Right now Im arguing with the reseller to get an official Intel Processor or have my money back.

Some info about Engeeniering Samples:

http://www.intel.com/support/processors/sb/CS-030747.htm

But leaving that issue aside I would like to know if anybody having that same processor could upload an CPUZ Specs Stats to compare them with mine (I will upload mines also as I said before) so we can discuss about the processor itself.

I've done some research and people say its ilegal to sell them, besides that I want to know if they are better or not (some say they might be bug faulty since are Samples and others say they are better since the have the multiplier Unlocked and can perform from default 2,5ghz to 3,5Ghz with no turbo enabled).

Please correct me if Im wrong I just had little time and knowledge to back up this info.

Thanks guys again for your time and effort  ^_^  :rolleyes:

Edited by Haxsource

Thanks a lot my friend will compare this ASAP when I get home and upload mines for comparation :rolleyes: . This might be of great help for other users that want to know the real difference between a processor that is ES and production.

Actually is pretty funny I never heard of this ES processors problems till now.  :lol:

This might be of great help for other users that want to know the real difference between a processor that is ES and production.

There are many reasons to have engineering sample CPUs and not all of them will show a difference via info tools like CPU-Z. There may be fatal bugs in some particular set of instructions that a later revision corrected before release. Some sample CPUs are very broken and literally only to be used as a physical sample for hardware design such as CPU sockets.

Whether it is better or not than a regular retail CPU depends on what the CPU actually is. Overclockers used to prize fully working ES CPUs because the multipler may be unlocked but they're happy with pushing the limits and getting random unexplained problems or crashes. Whether this particular CPU is good or not depends on a lot of factors and whether you're willing to risk possible incorrect operation or crashes is the main one IMO.

• Like 1

@Gotnotime.

You hit on the spot, Im no overclocker and I like my systems as stable as they can get. I like to be on the edge and latest updates but no for overclocking and breaking at HW lvl.

Here is my picture as promissed.

Looks exactly @Psykix but I can see that my Core Speed are higher and my Multipliers too.

Here picture:

CbzGPLj.png?1

And CPUZ VALIDATION:

http://valid.x86.fr/quxwyw

Edited by Haxsource

That's just because my CPU was idling at the time I took the picture.

I'm running balanced power plan.

Edited by psykix

That's just because my CPU was idling at the time I took the picture.

I'm running balanced power plan.

If you're talking about the Balanced Power Plan Windows has, mine is the same too, since it comes as default.

If its the one specified on the Bios, currently Im running the Optimized one which I think is also called balanced.

My machine was idle too just doing screenshots....

Yes, balanced power plan in Windows.

Sounds like your processor may not be dropping down then.

Mine even drops to 1596Mhz at times.

Doing anything taxing makes it jump up over 3.0Ghz

Yes, balanced power plan in Windows.

Sounds like your processor may not be dropping down then.

Mine even drops to 1596Mhz at times.

Doing anything taxing makes it jump up over 3.0Ghz

I guess that might be one of the disadvantages of the ES processor. Gonna check if it has a fix. Trying to figure out how to return this and get my money back and the Importation fees.....is a fucking headache.

Ty guys :) If anyone has knowledge of testing or benchmarking etc so that I can get some advices in start testing and see if it has and other comebacks It would be appreciated.

Running Windows 10 while doing CPUZ and benchmarking right now.. dunno if its the best OS to do it.

Cheers.