RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

New Build Help? Motherboard?

Canned Heat

Choosing what motherboard to go with and need expert WHS help.

GA-H55M-S2H OR Intel DH55TC ??

Intel DH55TC Has the phoenix bios that I really Like.

Intel DH55TC Comes with Intel Management engine that you have to install drivers for that dont support WHS. (If not installed get missing hardware in the Device Manager) There running a few services too in the background.

Gigabyte I presume has an Award Bios.

Gigabyte one looks straight forward with inf install and Nic Driver.

Intel board has Fan headers and more ram slots.

Gigabyteboard is cheaper and looks like it has great caps and chokes?

Look for Stability More than anything. Both being Good boards I am on the Fence.

Never had issues with intel boards in the past, used other brand boards aswell, but never gigabyte?

would love some help with this one guys if you could find the time. :)

Edited by Canned Heat

Let me help get you off the fence. I am an Intel CPU fanboy but when it comes motherboards, I will pass. My experience with Intel boards has not been great. It is not that they are no good it is that they ten to be more proprietary and with less features. I am using the exact board in my smaller secondary production server and I will tell you that I love it. So the bottom line is my recommendation is skip the Intel board and for the Gigabyte.

dsc01243hb.jpg

Let me help get you off the fence. I am an Intel CPU fanboy but when it comes motherboards, I will pass. My experience with Intel boards has not been great. It is not that they are no good it is that they ten to be more proprietary and with less features. I am using the exact board in my smaller secondary production server and I will tell you that I love it. So the bottom line is my recommendation is skip the Intel board and for the Gigabyte.

dsc01243hb.jpg

Thanks PC Doc,

Will go with the Gigabyte.

Will post some pics of the build next week.

Have a good Weekend Mate.

Cheers :D