RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
schoondoggy

Kangaroo Mobile Desktop

schoondoggy

NewEgg launched this yesterday and it sold out. The Kangaroo with a dock is $99.99, extra docks are $39.99. The OS LINX software offers connectivity in addition to the dock. Looks like a very nice design and price, I am just not sure of the use case?

http://www.kangaroo.cc/

kylejwx

I would be very interested to know if anyone has crammed Windows Server 2012 R2 onto the InFocus Kangaroo PC.  My use case would be a very low power, always on Domain Controller.  Thanks.

pcdoc

I have the Kangaroo and was hoping to use it as an HTPC but that did not pan out because of the video driver.  It is a really cool little device (that runs super hot) and I going to do something else with it but I have yet figured out what.  If anyone is need a super small yet snappy little PC this is worth looking at.  Great value for $99 and very well built.

awraynor

When  a Kangaroo PC developer was on theaverageguytv the other night there was good dialogue. They mentioned the prospect of a beefier model

and maybe a monitor with a slot for swapping out Kangaroo units. That sounds pretty interesting to me.

I was going to buy one, but got a great deal on an AIO thank to schoondoggy. After my interaction with the MS Store it will certainly not be from them. 

thanlindley

I purchased the first model a while back and am trying to run the updates. It is so so slow to update. I think the Windows 10 update will take hours.

Anyone else see this slowness to update?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thanlindley

Update finished. I think it took a bit over two hours. Making an image backup now so I don't have to do that again.

Curious to see how this performs with day to day tasks.

thanlindley

Works well for playing Minecraft now. 40c30e5684702167c6ad164657a5edbe.jpg

awraynor

My kids are addicted to Minecraft in a bad way. I woke up at 6 this morning to go to the Hospital

and they were both downstairs on the iPad playing Minecraft. 

Dave

Ha.  Mine are the same. It has expanded though.  Madden, Roblox, Kids YouTube. It's crazy.  We only allow iPad time on the weekend as it creates issues during the week for homework, practices, etc.  Circle helps too.  It keeps tabs on time and wake up start time, bedtime, etc.

thanlindley

Just wait till your kids want to play agar.io

Never ending crack.