RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

WHS file access on the go

burix

https://www.homepipe.net/

Just have this running on my test box for now, but so far it's working well. Have access on the road to photos and music from WHS. Other file formats fail to download, but looks like they are working on video streaming.

There is a client for the mobile device and agent for the server. Web access as well to all systems with agent running.

Log into homepipe account on web and add your shares. You can add local drives or network shares.

Looks like there is support for Windows, Mac, iPhone (iPad?) and Droid. I don't see a linux agent yet :(

I couldn't find a version that will run as a service, and it fails to start when using instsrv to create a service.

Looks pretty cool. Gives you immediate access to your files so you don't technically have to remote in to the server directly.

• 3 weeks later...

I was just reading an article about HomePipe and it looks pretty nice (possibly better then Orb). I was using Orb to stream content over the internet before I started using WHS. Has anyone in the community tested this on their WHS v1?

You might be able to do this with Aurora since SBS allows you to connect/map drives, printers, and the clipboard from the remote client back to the server using RWW (Remote Web Workplace). It would all depend on how much functionality is scaled down from SBS to Aurora however.

It's as slow as can be 5000 miles away but it does work, after a small registry hack to enable the drive mapping.

Anyone using homepipe yet? Downloading video vs. streaming video is a big deal to me. If it streams then I'll try it, download, not so much.