RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Browser for Windows Phone 10

Poppapete

I, like Paul Thurrott, have given up on WP.  The OS is superb but the apps aren't there and never will be. The only hope is if MS can let the phone run android apps and I don't see that happening. I have a Nokia 930 running 10 on the slow insider stream which I will keep until my contract runs out in a years time.  My questions. 1. Is there a good browser for this phone as an alternative to edge? 2. I have 8 apps pending update.  Is that because they don't like W10?

It's all about the Apps.  Spend $250 for a Nest thermostat but no App for WP.  Spend $100 on the Automatic vehicle monitor (www.automatic.com) but no WP App.   My only choice is which Android provider of hardware to go with.

I've signed up for Google's Project Pi and just nee the phone whihc they are willing to bill in monthly installments (Nexus 5 or 6).  Rates are $10 per gig per month which is good for me since I don't ever hit a gig a month.

The Cozy app is approved by Nest and works very well.

On the support page at Automatic.com, the top listed idea is Windows mobile and/or Windows 8 support.

I'm not expecting the W10 update for my 1020's till Dec or Jan, I figured there would be W10 updates by then too.

Thanks, very good article. Sorry to be nit-picky, but nowhere in the article does he say he has given up on WP. The article is about running Android apps on WP to fill the app gap. Which is probably what they will need to do to save WP.

Thanks, very good article. Sorry to be nit-picky, but nowhere in the article does he say he has given up on WP. The article is about running Android apps on WP to fill the app gap. Which is probably what they will need to do to save WP.

Yes, I know he hasn't said he's given up but they aren't going to add support for Android apps so I have to conclude the end is nigh. I love my 930.  The rest of the family are all on iPhones and keep mocking me and my Lumia. :(

Now this:

"

Windows Phone’s big problem isn’t lack of apps, it’s dead apps

Tom Warren may be on to something. In the Windows phone community, we’ve often complained about a lack of apps. But there’s a new problem: Existing apps are disappearing.

Windows Phone is now five years old and it’s still facing new challenges. Over the past year developers haven’t flocked to Microsoft’s platform to improve its app situation. Instead, more and more high-profile apps have actually disappeared.

Mint’s removal this week is the latest, angering Windows Phone fans, but it’s not the first, nor will it be the last. American Airlines, Chase Bank, Bank of America, NBC, Pinterest, and Kabam have all discontinued their Windows Phone apps in the past year.